Hotel Galvez is, without a doubt, one of the best options for lodging in Galveston.
The hotel has a rich history which give the entire property a lot of character. The lobby and comon areas evoke feelings of grandeur and of an era long gone.
The rooms are fine. Not great, not bad, just fine. The come with the standard amenities one would expect from a 3-4 star hotel.
Is the hotel haunted? That's for you to decide. I've stayed at the Galvez three times and only experienced weird occurrences one of those times. All the lights in my room kept turn on by themselves throughout the night. Was it electrical? Was it something else? One of the coworkers traveling with me did have an encounter that was more supernatural in nature when her bed sheets were pulled in the middle of the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Tingo and Amex so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston