This is our 2nd trip to the Galvez and WOW! Everything was great (except the lobby restaurant). The bed is another minus, very hard!
We stayed on the 6th floor, which is the spa floor. The bathroom has a spa type shower, but the room was smaller than those on the 5th floor. I would suggest a fifth floor room with a gulf view. The city view rooms overlook a tenement.
We got the King "C" type room, five nights with valet parking after taxes was $644.00...so thought it was a great deal.
Loved walking thru the entire hotel and just looking at the historic construction.
Pool area is huge and makes it easy even when crowded to find your own 'nook'
This is the best close hotel to the new pleasure pier if that interests you.
The workout area is a smallish room in the basement, but it has top of the line equipment and stocked with water, fruit, and towels daily.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Hotel Galvez
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.