“Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel

You added Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2024 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
beaumont
“Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The only thing that I would change is the hours of the Pool Area Bar on weekends. Make them longer. I didn't realize the bar area closed at 9pm and while we were swimming around 9:15 I asked for a drink at the pool area bar and they said they couldn't serve me since the pool bar closed at 9pm.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

What an Awesome Property, and Amazing Service this hotel provides! Being a Wyndham Reward Member really pays off! This was my first time at the Galvez, because for 15 years or mor, I have been in love with their sister property, The Tremont House! I would highly reccomemend the Hotel Galvez, for anyone who wants history, ambiance, elegance, charm, and great hospitality!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
7hsjVK1qjfGSO08PriLhI2g60-9JBR3jkd7o-GfBDx4
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We loves our stay. I was there with my husband with BNSF and enjoyed our stay! So I brought my daughter and a friend a few Weeks later and they loves it. My daughter commented to me that she felt safe. It made me happy. My husband felt better knowing that we were safe! Thank you so much for providing a safe and fun environment!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel Galvez has a contradictory nature. The rooms are nice though small, the lobby and restaurant and bar are all crammed by the elevator while 2 elegant curved rooms on either side lie vacant. My issues: While bringing in our ice chest the porter heard our wine bottles clink and said - no outside alcohol allowed - (is this legal?) As I didn't see any information when making reservation - It needs to be in bold over the picture of the hotel and my room is kinda my house - don't tread on me. So the reason is that you can't bring a cooler with your brew to the pool. Instead you must pay $9.00 a drink at the pool bar. I hate this kinda gotcha. The pool are is great except for a lot of kids even til it closed at 11:00 - in the hot tub with us. And the pool bar closes at 9:00 so . . . no drinks for 2 hours. Also the spa part is closed on Monday - tough luck if you show up on that day.

Room Tip: All rooms are small - but historic nature make up.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely loved everything about our stay from the grandness of the hotel (like stepping back in time) to the prompt service to the excellent breakfast buffet with Jerry, who filled us in on local lore while making a darn fine Omelet. Rooms small, but expected. Updated throughout. I can't wait to come back for a spa day!

• Stayed July 2012
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you want to stay somewhere very special, with wonderful historic ambience, then stay here. The Hotel Galvez is elegant with a beautiful view of the Gulf... and easy walking distance to the Pleasure Pier and many restaurants. We love their grand lobby and the beautiful bar area. The rooms aren't large, but are very nicely appointed... and we recommend getting at least a partial Gulf view. Their pool/spa area is large and beautiful... very resort-like with a swim-up bar. You feel that time has been turned back a bit in this grand hotel. We'll certainly return.

Room Tip: Choose a room about the 4th floor or higher for a better Gulf view. We've been told the 5th flo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HOUSTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was mine and my wife's second visit to this property. We love this hotel, everyone at the check-in desk (especially Ms. Jeter) and the pool staff. The only issues were:
The bathroom was clogged up (fixed the next morning)
The carpet in the lounge are of the suite (where the sofa and tv are located) was stained really bad. It made it feel "dirty".
Everything else was great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Been to Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!