We just got back from a couple nights for our Anniversary.
We got there about an hour early, thinking we would just have to leave our bags, and they already had our room ready. Went in, and we had a perfect view of the ocean, and had chocolate strawberries and a bottle of wine waiting for us. Read a couple of reviews on the size of the room, I don't know what these people wanted because for the two of us the room was large enough. Bed and pillows were so comfortable we didn't want to get out of bed.
The pool and the pool bar were awesome, we did get a bit upset that they didn't offer the hotdogs and other menu items until right after we ordered, but what are you going to do.
Once the new amusement pier opens this will be THE place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Hotel Galvez
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.