I love this hotel, we visit each year for work and I bring the family. It's historic and has ghost tours in the hotel! The pool is beautiful and great for kids & adults. It's also romantic.
One issue that is typical with old hotels is the room size, but the all the other amenities that this place offers far out weighs the room size. Service is friendly and good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand® Hotel and National Trust Historic Hotel of America, is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast. This 224-room, century-old hotel offers 13,000 square feet of meeting space, a 9,763-square-foot spa, fitness center, full-service restaurant, lobby bar and pool with a swim-up bar. The hotel is rated four diamonds by AAA and is owned by Galveston preservationist George Mitchell as part of Mitchell Historic Properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Galvez And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Hotel Galvez Wyndham Historic
- Wyndham Galveston
- Galveston Wyndham
- Galvez Hotel Galveston