“Best LaQuinta EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best LaQuinta EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Enroute to my Dads funeral in Kansas. This hotel was super clean as was the room! Very well kept hotel. BEST breakfast selection at any hotel even other La Quintas. We were super shocked at the selection and quality of the food. Real butter, name brand oatmeal and so on. Could not stay here going home because they were booked. Stayed in La Quinta Weatherford. Not same quality and the breakfast was a huge disappointment compared to Gainesville.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Autumn D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
I'm sorry to hear the circumstances that brought you to our hotel but I am very glad that we were able to give you great service and hopefully we will see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel was clean, safe and in a good location. The staff was unfriendly. Front desk woman, woman working on the breakfast area and a maid all acted like we were an annoyance. Although the hotel seems new it seems put together too quickly. The bathroom door did not fit so we couldn't close the door tightly. The room door also didn't fit and it took slamming the door hard to get it to latch. We were put in a room directly above the lobby on the 2nd floor - there is a balcony there that overlooks the lobby. Noisiest room ever!!! Through our ill-fitting room door, we could hear everything that went on in the lobby all night! We could even hear the hotel phone ring & the desk clerk answer it, etc. Once people started going for breakfast at 6:00 am we could hear everyone! Impossible to sleep!

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the front of the hotel due to road noise. Don't get room on the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wakefield, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I checked into this property on January 28, 2014 using my debit card. The gal at the front desk did not appear to know what she was doing. She said that my card had been denied. After attempting to run the card several times, I gave her my husbands card. Again she said it was denied. I then paid her cash ($95.00). She assured me that it did not charge my account t. When I got to the roon I did on line banking and there it was. $95 x 5 charges pending on my card. I called her and she said she would call her manager. She then called me back and said it would take 3 to 5 days to clear and I needed to call my bank. The money wasn't actually taken out of the account, just "tied up" as if it was spent. The manager was supposed to call me that day...never did. She called this morning and basically said she didn't know why the gal ran it so many times but nothing she could do. So, my almost $500 is in limbo because La Quinta doesn't have competent people working for them. Be very careful with your debit card....La Quinta will not help you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Hood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel it self is excellent hotel. Room is clean, well furnished, nice clean indoor swimming pool and free complimentary breakfast. I stayed in suite room on the corner price was reasonable not expensive compare to other hotel though it was expensive compare to other La Quinta in other cities. Everything was good except my next door had a dog. I believe that they left the dog by himself and went to casino. So the dog was barking all day long. I assume it was small dog because of it's sounds. I love dog. Don't get me wrong. But hotel needs to regulate and let customer know that they can't leave dog by himself or herself. Other that that I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I'm on my first ever fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants road trip! Booked my room a few hours before I arrived. Friendly, knowledgeable lady at the front desk. I encountered happy guests in the lobby, on the elevator and at breakfast. Everything worked in my room :) Great experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!