“Dependably good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 58 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
“Dependably good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food and service are always good. Prices are very reasonable. One of Gainesville's best. Enjoy. I eat there regularly.

Wichita, Kansas
“Take out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a surprise! We walked in to a VERY crowded happy looking joint. Ordered the 12 piece catfish meal to go. Oh my! We walked out with a BOX full of food!! Upon getting back to the room, the food was still hot and may I say delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Olathe, Kansas
“Super Affordable and Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went here with a large group 17 of us! Our family in Gainesville eats here often and loves it.. We all ate (6 kids) for under 140.00 for lunch.. The food was hot and very delicious.. They have a wonderful salad bar, and lots of tasty meats - smoked ribs, bbq meats, catfish, chicken, ham, okra, potatoes, bread -- it was just great! Would of gave it 5 stars but the two gals in the front seemed a little taken back by our large group and we seated ourselves.. but our waitress was very sweet!

Visited March 2013
gainesville
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food here is always good and you could load up on as much as you like. My favorites are the smoked ribs, catfish, and fried squash. And unlimited Texas toast has got to be the best idea ever! The only thing I don't like is how they changed their amazing chicken strips into some chicken product finger thing, however, all the rest is sooooo good.

Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Nasty and Bad Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was on my way back to DFW and was craving Catfish; I went to Trip Advisor and search Catfish, “Catfish Louie’s” pops up with mixed reviews, the most recent where good. The first clue was a bunch of trashy people hanging around the back. The main entry door was dirty and nasty, looked like it had not been washed in years, (THE FIRST THING PEOPLE SEE WHEN ENTERING YOUR PLACE) the inside that you push to go out is BLACK. We had a group of 4 and the ladies and wanted to leave then. Hey for good food I will overlook some cleaning issues.
We were greeted by several very friendly ladies, who promptly informed us about the buffet items,
All you can EAT. This is a former long ago Underwood’s Bar B Q, still using the same trays, furniture and equipment. This place is an old run down, dirty building that no money has been put into in many years.

As I mentioned I will forgo atmosphere for great food. Not the case with Louie’s.
The Catfish if you can call it that was cold and stringy, all the vegetables cold in their warming trays, I had a BBQ rib, may be the best part of the meals and the green tomato relish excellent, cobblers fair, Ice Cream frozen and almost would not come out of the machine.

The best way to describe the food is to go to a grocery store buy the cheapest frozen fish/Shrimp dinner, let it thaw on the sidewalk and eat it. It would taste the same and be less expensive.
Don’t waste your money……Turn Back