“Nice Property at a great location...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Frisco
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Property at a great location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for two days for business. The staff is very friendly (even at 3 in the morning) and helpful. My room was clean and nice. I really enjoyed my stay here. The property is closed to a mall and several restaurants. If you are planning to use GPS, sometime the GPS does not pickup this location because it is so new. Punch in the Westin property near by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your memorable experience at The Sheraton Stonebriar. We appreciate your great comments about our friendly and helpful staff. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations and I am pleased to hear that you were able to experience it first-hand. I trust we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

All the best

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here 2 nights while in town to see Jimmy Buffet. Location very good to easily reach restaurants and area attractions. Alot of construction going on in the area but doesn't interfere with anything. They are in the process of adding rooms and a pool. We were able to use their sister property's pool at The Westn. Easy to get to. Very clean and nicely run property. Would Definitely Stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your memorable experience at The Sheraton Stonebriar. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently stayed at this Sheraton and it was very conveniently located for any functions you might have at the nearby Stonebriar Country Club. The shuttle service was very dependable, taking me there in the morning, and upon a phone call was back to pick me up in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face Hwy 121 which can get very busy during rush hours ... so if that's an iss...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at The Sheraton Stonebriar and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our shuttle service was dependable and satisfied your transportation needs. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit.

All the best.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel is just west of the tollway in Frisco, and that's not a bad place to be. It isn't right in the heart of it like some of the others near Stonebriar, but it isn't a long drive either. Getting to it is very easy. Getting back over to the main commercial area of Frisco is also easy if you know to take the back way and not deal with the Sam Rayburn running right outside the front door (technically, the side door but who says that?).

The lobby is nicely appointed. There are plenty of places to have a quiet conversation with another person or sit in their restaurant area when not in use if you've got more than 2 people. Another nice note for that area, they've got board games. I dig that in a hotel.

We stayed on the 4th floor - the club level. It was worth the minimal fees to get the extras. The appetizers were both good and so-so depending on what you got and how long it had been there. The "free," as in I paid for it with the aforementioned minimal fees, were definitely worth the money. Bottled water, sodas, chips, snack bars, and fruit all the time is a nice thing in a hotel where you'd typically find water $2.50/bottle or a soda for $2.00. Either way, that was nice, but so was breakfast. It was a continental breakfast with a bit more. It was perfect for the two of us. We grabbed water and/or soda on the way out.

I'm a big fan of free wireless. You get that at the Sheraton. However, it's throttled unless you pay for the improved service. I watched a review or two on YouTube, and it was stuttering and pausing frequently. This was frustrating to say the least. You're also limited to a maximum of 3 devices per room. My wife and I both have phones and tablets, and I brought my computer in case we wanted to stream Netflix (not happening, btw) to the TV.

That brings me to the room. The room isn't huge, but it's more than serviceable. We weren't stepping over each other because it's well laid out. The TV is about 20" too small for the room/wall. The delay in changing channels from when you pressed the button on the remote to the time it actually happens is frustrating because it's hard to tell if your push registered for a couple seconds. If you hit it again, it will change twice. Not a big deal, but this is something that irks me. The bed was very comfortable for my wife, but I woke up with a sore back both times. If you like soft pillows and soft beds, this is your place. If you like it a little firmer, maybe you should look elsewhere. The pocket door to the bathroom was a little cheap. I get there wasn't room for a full door, but how about a heavier one that stays closed? Another reviewer mentioned the exhaust fan in the bathroom and the half door to the shower. The shower isn't quite big enough to be a walk-in shower, but that's how they set it up. I won't say that water went all over the place - it was reasonably contained, but it was drafty. The lack of fan in the bathroom caused the mirrors to fog up even with the door slightly open. The iron in the room was one of the mid-level Sunbeams. It was AWESOME. I know it's stupid, but I like a nice iron in the room.

Overall, it was a nice place. I would stay there again, but there are some better offerings in Frisco.

Room Tip: Go for the club level.
Green Features: We did the Green thing. I am very happy they do that. I would do it without the incentive, but I appreciate it nonetheless.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at The Sheraton Stonebriar and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit.

Longview, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This Hotel is pretty typical Sheraton. Its in a beautiful area of North Dallas. Easy to get to, easy to get in and out of. Fast check-in and check-out. First I'll talk about the Pro's. From the moment we walked in until we left every staff member we encountered were exceptional in every way. I was recognized as a reward member. Cud do's here. It was impressive. The hotel was VERY clean. Everywhere I looked. Very nice wood trim all over including the room. Very nice fixtures, furniture, and chair. Nice make up mirror. Great working AC. Free internet. Free parking. Free water. Starbucks coffee in the room. Don't see that very often. Comfortable bed. Now the con's. There is no working exhaust fan in the bathroom. There is only half a shower door on the shower. That's a little different. The room is pretty small. Small T.V. This hotel has NO pool. If you want a pool and or hot tub, you have to take a shuttle, walk, or drive to there sister property, the Westin, a couple blocks away. They have a awesome lagoon style pool and pool area including bar service, putting green, water slide, and hot tub. But even with this being Texas, in the winter, that's not going to do you much good. The Sheraton needs a pool of there own. After traveling all day, a lot of people don't want to pack up and go somewhere else. If there was a indoor pool and hot tub that could be used year around, it would make this hotel much, much better. That's the main reason I can not give it a 4. And for that reason also, that's why I will not prolly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at The Sheraton Stonebriar and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We appreciate your comments about our exceptional staff, clean hotel, fast check-in and check-out, comfortable beds, and additional amenities. I am pleased to mention that The Sheraton Stonebriar is expanding and we will be adding 50 additional guestrooms, as well as an outdoor pool. I hope these new features will help make your stay an enjoyable one.

Bell Well
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

When we first checked in the lady at the front desk upgraded our room. The rooms were very clean and smelt wonderful. only downfall it was a little noisy, but it didn't keep us awake at night. The breakfast in the mornings was very good. The staff was very friendly. The location of this hotel is in a great spot, its right down the road to all the shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your memorable experience at The Sheraton Stonebriar. We appreciate your positive feedback about our friendly and helpful staff. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our great breakfast and that you will visit us again when your travel plans bring you back to Frisco. We value your business and look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The staffs were especially friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was great. It was one of the best experience. I've stayed in plenty of 4stars hotel, and this Sheraton offered a lot of free amenities and great service for a reasonable price. I'd stay there again if I visit the area.

• Stayed April 2014

Be well

Been to Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel? Share your experiences!