“Best in area” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Frisco
Hong Kong, China
“Best in area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

RECOMMENDED: There are numerous good hotels in the Frisco area and this is one of the better ones. It is normally fully booked so reserve early. As a frequent Frisco visitor, this is my #1 choice.

This is a standard issue Homewood Suites and it's suited for longer stay visitors. A single night visitor may not appreciate. My stays are mostly 3-5 nights. This is a new property and right in the middle of the Frisco action so you are easy access to the highways, numerous good restaurants and the business district. The location though is quiet and some rooms face the interior courtyard.

This particularly property is new so everything is in good working order. Hilton has nailed the formula for the moderate stay guest with various little touches that make for a nice stay. Numerous design features to make your stay comfortable are evident & too numerous to detail. For the business traveler good working desk, lighting and Internet.

Homewood Suites offers a complimentary breakfast and evening light dinner buffet with open bar. It's not fancy, but the food is actually quite good. The Hispanic cooks do a bang up job on the handful of dishes and frankly the homemade salsa is itself worth spending the night for. The breakfast hostess is a cheery Texan, you'll feel at home and that is in fact their intention. The staff overall is friendly and efficient.

The downsides are few with my single compliant of windows that don't open (a common theme of newer properties), so fresh air is lacking. I learned long ago from an airline scout (looking for hotels for their flight crews) that windows that open was a top request. The bedroom a/c unit sits very close to the bed and I leave it off at night as it blows across the bed (there is a 2nd unit in the living area). This should be of note to Hilton's design team.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thanks for the fantastic review, and we're thrilled that we are your #1 choice for hotels when visiting Frisco! We always appreciate guest feedback, and it's especially nice when we hear from repeat guests.

I've forwarded your comments to my team, including our food and beverage team, as everyone will enjoy reading your review. So glad you're a fan of the homeade salsa - we are, too!

Many thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dallas/Frisco.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dallas/Frisco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went to Frisco for business. The Homewood Suites was great. The breakfast was amazing. The location was very central to some great shopping and restaurants. The hotel is very new. The rooms had a fridge and stove top. Living area with large flat screen TV and another in the bedroom. Great amenities. Pool with some nice little waterfalls feeding it.

The girl at the front desk was nice enough to drive my wife to a local restaurant to grab a meal. Great service.

There was some music playing in the lobby area outside my window one night when we were headed to bed. One quick call to the front desk got it shut off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's always nice to hear when we've done a good job, and I will forward your comments to my team so they can read the great feedback.

Should there be anything we can do to make future stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know; we will always do our best to accommodate you. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dalals/Frisco.

shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I usually do not stay in hotels. Prefer B & B's. However, I needed something close to where my sister and I would be Christmas shopping. Being unfamiliar with staying in hotels I relied on Trip Advisor to help me choose. My sister and I do not get to spend much time together due to busy lives, and I was hoping that the place I chose would be just "decent". WOW It was really nice - clean - nice decor - great staff and I did now know at the time that breakfast was included! Perfect location for shopping the Stonebriar Mall, Ikea, Container Store, and close enough to the Allan Tx, Premium Outlet stores. Could not have been better!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us. Sounds like you were able to take advantage of all the nearby shopping, and I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised with our service and accommodations. We all work very hard to provide a great experience for all of our guests, and it's always nice to hear when we've hit the mark.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed over thanksgiving weekend! One bedroom suite for me and the family (2 kids).
Great value, pretty new hotel. Great location. Right next to a shopping center so location definitely works. You will have many choices around this area as to we're to stay. Almost all of the hotels are in the same price range and all look new so you can probably go with the best price.
Beds were comfortable, not amazing but very good for what you pay. As always a little place in the lobby to buy drinks or necessities you might of left at home.
Hd tv (2) in the room. That's a big plus for me!
Staff was very attentive and I really enjoyed my days there. Have stayed at homewood about 3 times in the past 3 years and they never have disappointed me!
Good job!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and we're so glad that you and your family enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday with us! And even better, we love hearing that you're a repeat Homewood guest!

Glad you liked our LCD HD TVs, and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of all the nearby shopping - a big plus for Black Friday!

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dallas/Frisco.

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My Mom and I stayed here for a shopping trip to Frisco. I've stayed in lots of different Hilton hotels, but this was my first time to stay at a Homewood Suites. I was very impressed with the hotel and the staff. We had a suite with 2 queen beds and the suite was over 600 square feet. There is a kitchen with a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and a 2 burner stove top as well as dishes, pots and pans. There was also a small dining table and a living area with a sofa bed and glider rocker. The breakfast was included and the morning we were there they served eggs, sausage, waffles and all sorts of cereal and pastries. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again and I will be on the lookout for more Homewood Suites when I'm booking my hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and my team and I are thrilled that our hotel was your first experience at a Homewood Suites! Very glad you and your mom enjoyed your stay with us, and it sounds like you took advantage of the area's great shopping, too.

Thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dallas/Frisco!

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My sister and my mother and I stayed here while visiting relatives - our flight was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy - so we stayed two additional days. This hotel is absolutely wonderful and the staff is equally wonderful. I would stay there next time I come to the area for sure and now I try to find a Homewood Suites hotels when I travel. They serve a full buffet breakfast which is delicious and Monday thru Thursday a dinner with complimentary wine and beer - we were very pleased with everything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your 'extended' stay during what could have been a very frustrating time. I know many travelers throughout the country were delayed due to Hurricane Sandy; I'm so glad to hear your experience at our hotel was a positive one even though your original travel plans had to be changed to accommodate the storm.

I've forwarded your comments to my team, as guest feedback is always appreciated. Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Dallas/Frisco.

Monroe, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is such a great hotel! We have stayed here many times & always had a great service. It is very clean & I am very picky. This morning when we left, they were even wiping the interior elevator walls from top to bottom. Close to all restaurants and the staff is very accommodating. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and it is always nice to hear from repeat guests. I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed your stays with us, and have continued to visit our hotel whenever you’re in the area. We take great pride in our award-winning hotel, and appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home.

General Manager, Homewood Suites Dallas/Frisco

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco? Share your experiences!