“Beautiful Hotel But That's About It” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Frisco
San Antonio
“Beautiful Hotel But That's About It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

On the inside this is one of the most beautiful Embassy Suites I have stayed at. The staff at the front desk was very friendly as well.

Problems: The "All you can Eat" free breakfast buffet had terrible food. We had just stayed at an Embassy Suites in LA and the food was soooo good. The place in LA had fresh tasking scrambled eggs, fresh pastries, a wide variety of food that was always fresh and a friendly staff. The Embassy in Frisco was the total opposite. Scrambled eggs tasted like powered eggs, the pastries were stale and to get bacon or sausage you had to wait in a line for a staff to give you two pieces. You couldn't even serve yourself on the meat! The bacon was so paper thin you could almost see through it. The staff were not at all friendly and looked like they hated being there to help you.

The room was overall clean but the lighting in the bathroom was awful! Couldn't use it at all to put on my makeup!

This hotel needs to make some changes. I have stayed at MANY Embassy Suites and this by far was the worst. Beautiful for sure but that's about it. I have family in Frisco and next time I will choose somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rich L, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for our made to order breakfast not being up to your standards. We are addressing the issue with our food and beverage staff. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again. Thank you.

Rich Lundt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Frisco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotel ambiance and staff support is very nice. I got a delightful stay at hotel, which helped me in completing my business trip well. The breakfast and shuttle service is good. I would prefer to stay in my next travel in Embassy. Much supportive is Hotel staff and they helped in all my needs. Even I had couple of team mates stayed with me, who also expressed the same experience on stay. I would strongly recommend to my organization on prefer the Embassy to be good hotel to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several weeks for business travel and it was truly comfortable just like home. I think the value is is exceptional. Hot breakfast and nightly managers reception were fantastic. Would definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013
owner1156, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again the next time you are visiting the Frisco, TX area. Safe Travels!
Carrollton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

this hotel is fabulous. great value for all the perks. don't think twice, book and enjoy the stay in Frisco Texas. I've stayed here multiple times and never a dull moment. It is close to great shopping experiences in North Plano and Frisco.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a chance to enjoy all of our amenities and wonderful service. Our team takes pride in caring for our guests and appreciates your comments. We hope to see you again soon!
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a very nice property and well located near the business district of Plano. I stayed here for 3 nights and was quite comfortable. They have all the necessary amenities. it provides free parking and breakfast. Also in the evening from 5 to 7 pm free alcoholic drinks are served in the restaurant area.

One recommendation you should try the Omelette in the breakfast which is quite nice as the chef prepares it on your input.

Also there are big shopping area and multiple nice restaurants very close to this hotel. Overall I am pretty satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
owner1156, General Manager at Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review! It is always so nice to get comments on how wonderful our amenities are. Our free parking, complimentary breakfast and reception are just a few of the items that set us apart! I also appreciate your comments on our great location and the high quality guest rooms.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you soon...

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've stayed in nearly every chain that Hilton offers, this is the worst. Because of this one I will never stay in another Embassy. When I checked in everything seemed really nice. Front desk staff was friendly, but when I got to my room the stench of smoke was overwhelming. I walked back down to the front desk and explained so they put me in another room, and it took about 10 minutes just to get the key made. When I finally got in my room I could smell smoke in it too, but just assumed that it was as good as it gets. I'm normally not a complainer. Their "complimentary" breakfast still requires a small slip of paper to get into which I thought was a bit odd. The bed and pillows are no where near what you would find in a Hampton or DoubleTree. The room itself is very ordinary, which is fine, I just don't understand why this is a 4 star hotel.

A lot of the rest of my complaints are not hotel specific. They have quiet hours after 10pm but are not enforced. There were kids running around pretty late. There were a group of young kids who thought it was fun to get on the elevators and push all the buttons... I'm on the 11th floor so I didn't see the joy in it. There were baseball games and other events nearby and people park in the hotel parking lot and use the parking garage... there are designated spots for hotel guests, however no one enforces it. I'm in town for work and spending 30 minutes in line to get into the parking garage after working all day was what pushed me to write this review. I complained to the front desk and the girl looked at me like I was speaking another language. So I just checked out a day early. I don't travel as much as I used to, but I know this has been my worst hotel experience that I can remember.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this Embassy Suites for one night and had an enjoyable stay. The front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming and the valet was very patient with us while we checked in, got our bags settled in the room and came out again. We didn't get to enjoy the Manager's reception as we had dinner plans but our room was very comfortable. The only comment is that the drapes in the bedroom were ragged. There were several groups of young people at the hotel for various sporting activities and I was expecting alot of noise and horseplay; but we didn't hear a thing. So they really seem to know how to handle large groups. This property is convenient to the mall and the ball park, right in the middle of all the action. Breakfast was plentiful and reasonably good for the large groups they had to accomodate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a chance to enjoy all of our amenities and wonderful service. I am sorry about the ragged drapes in your room. I can assure you, we will address with our team. We take pride in caring for our guests and appreciates your comments. We hope to see you again soon!
Rich Lundt

Been to Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco? Share your experiences!