“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2007

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco for a weekend over Nov. 15-17, 2007. We were there for a family members wedding so there were alot of us for the same event. the hotel was flawless except that I found it hard to to get bellman service. check in was easy. The rooms were very clean.
On our first night at the hotel, the hotel was full there was a convention going on and several childrens birthday partys. The kids were every were riding the elavators and running around the floors. We could not hear to much noise from our room which was nice.
The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel and it was good. I worked out on the gym and it was clean and there was none of the musty smell some gyms have. After working out I went down to the pool to set in the hot tub It was also vary clean. except for the scum line witch could have been because of the 150 childeren in it the night before. Just a tip if you plan to set in the sauna go down ahead of time to turn it on so it has time to heat up. Towels were avalable at the pool. That afternoon we went to the wedding the reception was held at the hotel and was beautiful also the service at the reception was flawless, the hotel catered and the food was fantastic.
That night the grooms family (about 25 of us) met at the hotel bar to watch what was left of the OU game we had a great time the sevice was great and the bar tender changed two tvs for us and helped us move chairs around so we could all get a seat.
We closed the bar that night .
The next morning I woke up very sick (bad hangover) and had to stay in bed as longs possible after checking out I went to the coffee shop and asked if they had any crackers the man that was working was the manager in charge of breakfast he said he dident have any there but they had some in the back he got on his walkie talkie and a few mins later I had several packages of crackers, which i was ever greatfull for since I was still really sick and about to have to get in the car to go home.
My family had a great time at this hotel and it was flawless.

• Liked — the sevice was amazing
  • Disliked — the parking was a little crazy
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Austin Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

The Embassy in Frisco is an outstanding hotel.
We had a wonderful time there, everyone was nice
and friendly, room was spotless, beds were comfortable.
All the furnishings looked new and everything about
this hotel was elegant. The heated indoor pool was
very nice and appeared very clean. Mangers reception
and cook to order breakfast was all good.
The only negative I could say, and it was very minor,
was the attendant with valet parking keep insisting that
we use valet parking upon arrival, because the hotel
was hosting a convention and was very busy, but
after my husband firmly told him "no", we would handle
our own parking he backed off. We did get lucky and
found a parking space open without having to go into
the parking garage. Please beware if you can't find
a free self parking spot, we heard the parking
garage is an $8.00 charge. However, I wouldn't let the
parking situation keep me from experiencing this classy
hotel and the beautiful surroundings and convienence
of being near great shopping & restuarants. All kinds
of things to do within minutes of the hotel.
Would absolutey stay here again when in Frisco.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Missouri City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

This is a very nice hotel with great customer service. The rooms are very clean, spacious, and comfortable. Plus, the staff is super friendly. We stayed here a week and I only had a few complaints. First the room was COLD!!!! I am very hot natured, so for me to be cold is a big deal. I had to turn the heater on at one point...none of this would have bothered me if I did not have my kids (3 1/2 and 7 months) wih me. Second, was that the fire alarm went off on two seperate occasions at 7 in the morning. So there we go, with crying kids in tow, down about 10 flights of stairs. Plus, my hair was SCARY!!!! Anyway, it turned out to be burnt toast that set off the alarm. It was rather annoying.
I did not eat at the resturant, but did order a $20 continental breakfast......that could have been avoided if I had gotten my rear end in gear to eat the complimentary breakfast ( which is great).

Despite my small complaints I would definately stay here again!

• Liked — Great location! Great rooms!
  • Disliked — Paying for internet access & $8 parking a night
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2007

There is no need to write a long review because this hotel was superb. Flawless facilities (pool, work out room, breakfast...), stunning rooms, and gracious service. Like others have posted, I was able to get free parking; they must only enforce it during baseball games. This hotel is very close to a nice mall, many restaurants, and the highway. The owner of this Embassy has built several other hotels (I've stayed in a few of them), and he builds, by the far, the
nicest Embassy Suites you'll ever stay in!

This Embassy is a Four Diamond property, and it shows!

Stayed May 2007
McKinney, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

The cheapest price is to use the Embassy Suites web site as all other means jacked the price $15-$20; e.g., [--], Expedia, etc. Secured the room for $139. Check in/out was flawless. Top notch service - staff smiled and repeatedly asked if everything was ok. Only problem was faulty electrical outlet for hair dryer. Reported jacuzzi near pool wasn't working & it was fixed in 10 minutes.

Only concern is the pricey restaurant as entrees (other than $11.50 burgers & $12 salads) cost $22 - $38. Steep prices for a family but we ate there nonetheless. Service, again, was good. Hotel provided two complementary meals (they said to show their appreciation) and also a burger was comped as it wasn't cooked as ordered. Maybe four other tables in the whole restaurant area were occupied during our 3 hr stay. Since the restaurant is NOT used by the guests then one questions why Embassy provides it. The food is mediocre, at best, and expensive.

The typical Embassy services were exemplary delivered but the hotel price tag is costly. All in all we will go back but eat dinner elsewhere.

• Liked — Service and evening complimenatry happy hour
  • Disliked — The hotel & restaurant prices
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

The Embassy Suites in Frisco was a near flawless experience for my family and I. Check in was quick, friendly, and early as requested. The suite seemed larger than other Embassys I've stayed at and everything looked brand new.Our room overlooked the Rough Riders field and you could literally watch the game from our room. The shower had great pressure, the beds were comfortable and the curtains can give you full black out if you wish. They even have the free happy hour on weekends. The free full breakfast was above average.The pool is indoor which I'm not crazy about but it seems all E-Suites are this way. It was a nice pool area with plenty of
towels. The only minor drawback I had was with the parking garage. It had signs telling you to pay at walk up stations. I went back in to ask if the machines took credit cards (it said $9) and was told to ignore it and drive through the open gate. It took a little extra walking but it was free after all. Given the hotels central location to all kinds of shopping and restaurants, you won't find much better in the DFW area.

• Liked — Location, accomadations, and service.
  • Disliked — Indoor Pool
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleburne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

My sister and I took our mom to Frisco for a weekend of shopping for her birthday. The highlight of our weekend was staying at the Embassy Suites. We couldn't have asked for more. Every staff member we came in contact with was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was beautiful and comfortable. So much so we decided to forgo eating out and ordered room service, which was also WONDERFUL! I am trying to think of an excuse to go back as soon as possible.

• Liked — Clean, beutifully appointed
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco? Share your experiences!