“Love at first stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“Love at first stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family in November and I only have good things to say for it. The two girls I met when I checked in at night were delightful and very helpful, the room was clean and don't even get me started on the beds. The beds are amazingly comfortable. i didn't want to leave! The breakfast is pretty healthy as well as filling and overall, I had a very relaxing stay. My family was in awe of the size of the rooms and and the amenities, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We're fans of our beds, too, and especially the microfiber sheet sets. I'm so glad you and your family were please with both our service and accommodations.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

General Manager, Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels, but this place was one of the quietest, calmest places I've ever been in. While I was in my room, I could barely hear anyone walk by, and I never heard the ice machine buzz. The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful at all times. And the food available for breakfast was plentiful and fresh. Would love to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thanks very much for the great review, and we're so glad you had a quiet, relaxing stay with us! I've forwarded your comments to my team - including the front desk - as they'll all enjoy the kind words.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel does not meet the publics idea for standards of a Hilton property. It is a new hotel but has significant flaws that I think many people would not like. This hotel would be good if you are looking to bring your pet. They say there is a deep cleaning done of the hotel room when someone brings a pet in, however I found my allergies were reacting and also saw short pet hair on one of the towels, along with multiple longer hairs, so i disagree. Continuing my review, would show black discoloration on the shower curtain and a flawed cheap soap and shampoo dispenser that fell off the wall when I tried to get soap out and had to be replaced. Maybe it is a cheaper alternative, but come on!! Trying to be a hip, modern hotel ok we get the point, but don't overlook the cleaning, cutting corners with quality and pets in the rooms is ridiculous in my opinion. Nice large refrigerator and microwave in room. But, This hotel caters to a small segment of the population. Make sure this is the kind of hotel you are looking for before booking.

• Stayed January 2013
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for the honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and we seem to have missed the mark during your stay with us.

In regards to the bath dispensers in the guest suite showers, we are looking at other methods to better secure them to avoid this from happening in the future.

As for guests traveling with pets, we attempt to designate specific “pet” rooms throughout the hotel, which will eliminate future guests from having to stay in a room previously occupied by a guest with a pet and prevent further discomfort from pet allergies. I apologize, it appears from your comment that you were assigned a room that perhaps a pet had been in prior, we do have a extensive deep clean program for the room and linens but will look at ways to improve these processes.

I have also personally discussed your comments with my entire team to get their feedback for their and to make sure we are not overlooking any opportunities to improve our service.

Again, I apologize that your stay was not a memorable one. Should your travels bring you back to the Frisco area, I sincerely hope your will give us another chance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We made the trip from MN to watch NDSU win the National FCS Championship football game. The welcome was awesome, rooms met all our needs, and service was outstanding. We will be back! We were even shuttled to our restaurant. Staff went above and beyond!

• Stayed January 2013
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Welcome from Minnesota, and thank you very much for the great review! Minnesota to Texas is a long trip, so we're very glad to hear our hotel and staff met your needs during your stay. I've forwarded your comments to my team, as they'll also enjoy the feedback.

Thanks again for the review, and should the Bison play again in the Frisco area, we'll look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a wonderful stay! Granted the hotel is very new...only a few months since it opened, the staff are 'bang on' with their customer service! Very welcoming from check in to check out. Clean and crisp with vibrant colors (see picture of hallway). Kudos to housekeeping and design team with the rooms! Lots of open space within the room. Bathroom is a shower stall, some might want a bath, but I am fine with the shower. Rooms have the standard kitchenette, though a hot plate is on request basis. Nice feature was the DirectTV....beautiful HD reception with lots of channel options. Location is nice, with Stonebriar Shopping Mall within walking distance and lots of dining options nearby. Kind of a quirky thing, but when a hotel takes the time to make sure their stairwells are as nice as the rest of the hotel, you know that they are paying attention to the small details. The stairwells were clean and nicely painted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Wow - thanks for the great review, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! You are correct in that we are a brand-new hotel (opened November 2012), but we aim to provide top-notch service and a great guest experience at all times. And we completely understand your comment regarding details such as the upkeep of our stairwells - we agree the little things are what make the difference, and we're glad you found our stairwells to be as bright and clean as the rest of the hotel.

Many thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco.

McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed here recently to try out the new brand in the Hilton lineup. It reminded me of some of the newer small hotels I've stayed at in Europe, but with much more spacious rooms. There was plenty of storage available, and lots of counter space. The kitchen is fairly well-equipped. The bathroom was neither too big nor too small. The soap/shampoo dispensers in the shower were interesting. I like the bedside clocks with iPhone docks. I wish these would become standard throughout the Hilton brands. The TVs had great picture quality and a channel lineups. The curtain around the bed reminded me a little of being in a hospital. The worst part of the decor was the couch. I was disappointed in how uncomfortable this thing was. It looks like it's straight off the old Pee-Wee Herman set. The breakfast options, while somewhat limited, were tasty. The front desk staff was helpful during every interaction I had with them. This is a good location right next to Stonebriar Mall. You can literally walk out the back door and across the street to Dillards. All prices being the same, I'd probably elect for the Homewood or Embassy Suites if I had to have a long-term stay in this area, but others may like it better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay, and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a brand-new hotel (and new brand of hotel from Hilton), it's been very rewarding to introduce guests to the Home2 Suites.

Glad to hear you liked our TVs - we're very pleased to offer DirecTV expanded channel offerings in all suites. Regarding our breakfast selections, we are continuing to add more selections and variety, including waffles, and invite you to enjoy this the next time you stay with us.

Again, thank you for the review, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco.

Happy Holidays,
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Had to be in the Frisco area for 2 weeks and Home 2 was great. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice and clean. Have full size fridge and dishwasher. The breakfast was ok. Wish they could have had some gluten free items but other than that we really enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Many thanks for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you chose to stay with us during your time in Frisco. Glad to hear that our accommodations and service met your needs, and we do appreciate the feedback regarding gluten-free breakfast items, as we're always looking for opportunities to improve our guests' experience.

Thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco.

Happy Holidays,
General Manager, Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco? Share your experiences!