“Excellent frozen custards - great variety” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 288 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: American
Riyadh
“Excellent frozen custards - great variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had heard about Double Dip from tons of friends and while on a recent visit to the area, we had to try it for ourselves. We were a group of 6, and the service was very fast. They have a ton of choices and it was honestly a bit hard to settle on one choice. I choose the Espresso one and MAN! It was awesome! Everyone else had different items, and we had no complaints from anyone. It was light, refreshing and thoroughly enjoyable!

• Visited June 2014

Frisco, Texas
“Frozen Greatness!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Double Dips has been a Frisco favorite for a long time! The rich and creamy custard is a wonderful treat, especially on a hot Texas day! They have a number of creative concoctions, but feel free to create your own. They have a super peanut butter sauce. We love the combination of the PB and hot fudge!

Visited July 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Giant portions, great custard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My first time in Dallas, and I heard this place had the best custard. BEWARE: everything in TX IS bigger, and this includes Double Dip's dishes.
I had the strawberry shortcake, and it was great. I couldn't finish it, though, because it comes with an entire shortcake!
The place is not fancy, but more family friendly. I really liked it and would go back.

• Visited June 2014
USA
“Brought back memories of growing up in Wisconsin ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wow, how do I start? Recently while visiting friends in Frisco, we came upon this wonderful dessert spot ... the name 'frozen custard' brought back memories of my early yrs. in Wisconsin, I thought, 'No, this can't be ...' - well I tried it and guess what? It WAS the yummy treat I remembered from yrs ago. There is no description of this frozen custard that can adequately describe the soft, creamy taste that goes on in your mought when taking your 1st taste. I saw Double Dip has more than a wide variety of combinations of flavors & toppings, but I preferred to eat mine just plain ... so I could really take in the awesome and utter simplicity of this fine treat! When in the area again, I'll go back ... to me, this beats Cheesecake Factory by a longshot!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was extremely thirsty yesterday on my way home. I stopped here. It was nice outside, so the big doors were open. They have a nice big jug of ice water with cups in the corner. I hit that first and then ordered a large dr. pepper. They have so many flavors of malts, shakes, sundaes and yogurt. They also have chicken salad sandwiches, some kind of turkey sandwiches and a nice variety of hot dogs and chili dogs. I can't wait to go back and try the mango sundae. The staff was nice. I love their custard as I have eaten it in the past. I would not go anywhere else in Frisco for frozen custard.

• Visited May 2014