“Yummy authentic Greek food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 972 334 0031
Lewisville, Texas
“Yummy authentic Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Today I was in Frisco during lunch time and after seeing the great yelp rating and reviews I ate here for the first time. The interior is nicely decorated. The servers and manager/owner(?) attentive.
I lived near Tarpon Springs Florida where there is a Greek community so I always compare Greek restaurants to what I ate there. Platia Greek Kouzina has great authentic Greek food. I started with spanakopita, which was a treat, since it cost as much as my gyro. The gyro was a generous portion. Great taste. The pita was fresh. I love Greek French fries (with feta and oregano) and they were sooooo good! I can't wait to go back. I didn't have room for dessert so I have to go back soon to try that next!

Visited April 2014

Frisco, Texas
“If you want excellent Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We've been going to this place for the last 4+ years, service is excellent, food is authentic, the staff is trained to care about your dinning experience. Plus its BYOB, what more do you want? Very busy on Friday and Sat. eves. so plan on a wait for a table of 4 or more.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic and delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My daughter and I decided to eat here after a day of shopping at the mall. We were so glad we did, it is a cozy and friendly place to dine. We started off with Saganaki (the flaming cheese) yum! We both shared our Pastitzo and Moussaka with one another, it was as good as my Greek aunt makes. Dessert was a warm and comforting Galakabouriko, just dripping with honey. Definitely we will return to this wonderful place.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great greek grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Very nice "home cooked" Greek food. I like the Mana Mou sampler platter. They don't serve alcohol but you can BYOB. Food has good flavor and is much more authentic than most Greek restaurants I have been to in the US; I always prefer authenticity but not everyone does (some people prefer e.g. tex mex over real Mexican food; or they think that Pasta Alfredo is an actual Italian dish)

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have been going to Platia.. well, almost every week for over 2 years. They never disappoint! Try something new.. you will love it! But tell only your closest friends - it is amazing!

• Visited March 2014