“Try This Greek - it is very good!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 972 334 0031
Dallas, Texas
“Try This Greek - it is very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is by far the best Greek in the DFW area that we have been to. Very fresh tasting salad. The vegetarian plate was outstanding. Pita and hummus great. Service Great. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Multiple items ordered, A-”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ordered Falafel, Gyros, potato side with sauce, fries with feta and cake dessert / torte.
Recommend everything we had except the falafel. The falafel should have had more spices and more pieces of falafel. I would return to this restaurant for sure but I would get my falafel elsewhere, it was good but not great. Everything else we had was great.

Also they have BYOB, for next time in Frisco. Very good service and friendly staff throughout.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frisco, Texas
“Best Greek Food in Frisco from this hidden Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I went here on a date night. She had the chicken (Yia-Yia's Kota), which she said is the best chicken dish she has had. The chicken was slow cooked and fall-off-the-bone tender. She had the Greek potatoes as recommended along with the Greek style green beans - both of which she loved. I had a daily special which was the lamb shank - it too was outstanding. Slow cooked and fall-off-the-bone tender. I had the Greek style green beans, which were delicious - just the right seasoning. I also had the pilafi.. I don't normally like rice dishes, but this was exceptional and I ended up eating it all! For dessert we shared the baklava cheesecake - a combination of two of my favorites, so worked out great.

They don't serve alcohol, but you can bring your own - we brought our own bottle of wine. The wine glasses they supplied were kind of cheesy.. more suited for drinking ouzo, I think - but it was fine (we aren't huge wine connoisseurs, so any glass will do)

The wait staff was very friendly. Answered all our questions and made some recommendations (all which turned out fabulous) This place is no definitely in our rotation. They have some flaming dish that I want to try when I go back.. have no idea how it tastes, but the table side presentation was fabulous to watch at other tables.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Best Restaurant and Service in Frisco!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We celebrated mother's day and my daughter's birthday here tonight. As usual, the food was excellent!! My husband again had the Greek Salad, I had the horiatiki which was a fabulous greek salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, green bell peppers, red onions, greek olives and greek peppers served in a vinegar and oil dressing. My daughter ordered the skirt steak (as usual) and she chose the big lima beans and rice as her sides. We all enjoyed the fresh pita bread. The service, as usual, was also excellent. We will be returning here every chance we get. I highly recommend this restaurant. I will make sure all my friends and family know how great this place is.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plano, Texas
“Worst service ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My boyfriend loves this restaurant! Though I'm not a Greek fan, I accepted his invitation and was open-minded. I ordered something that I thought I would like because my choice last time was good, but I wanted something different.

I can't quite remember what I ordered but it had a lot of potatoes and rice and I didn't like it because my potatoes were hard and soaked in a sauce and the rice was overcooked. I didn't say anything, but he asked my boyfriend if everything was okay and my boyfriend said that I didn't like it. The server was REALLY rude and just shrugged it off. A manager or owner came by and asked how everything was and people just kept walking past our table staring at us with different people standing nearby staring. It was extremely uncomfortable and I will never be back. Especially since when I didn't like it I asked if I could get something else as a replacement for a side and he said rudely "well what else is it that you want?" so I just let it go and didn't get anything else and they lost my business!

They should be ashamed that no one there has customer service, I didn't ask for them to comp my meal or even take off the side, I could have paid for it.. but no, they had to be rude about it. So, they lost the big money we dish out to dine out often! Server rarely even came to our table and had the worst attitude ever, better believe I'll make sure no one I know goes here.

Visited February 2013