“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jackson, Mississippi
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Actually I stayed there a few years ago but it didn't give me that option. One of the best places I have ever been. The bed were fabulous. The bar was nice and quiet. We went for a conference and everything was great. Very romantic, not a kid place I don't think.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, January 22, 2011
Dear Pennybell08, thank you for staying with us and for your great review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the property; specifically our Ernie's Bar and our Westin Heavenly Bed. Our hotel actually welcomes many families with their children especially in summer to enjoy our outdoor facilities such as our lagoon swimming pool with water slide and hot tub as well as our putting green, bocce ball and ping pong activities. We look forward to your return for another great experience. Be well, Jean de Vogue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel in the past, and it was a lovely stay. Nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff, etc. They have really gone downhill, however. As we walked to our room, we noticed the walls of the hallway were incredibly scuffed, paper torn, etc. This literally went on down the entire hallway. The hallway carpet was dirty and worn, and quite uneven in spots causing me to trip. Then we realized we could hear a dog literally howling and throwing itself at a door in our hallway, with a huge THUD. Two other dogs on the hallway were responding with their own loud yips and barking. They had apparently put us in the wing that is shared with people traveling with pets (of which we had none). We could easily hear the dogs from inside our room as well. If it had not been for the fan we travel with, we would have gotten no rest. To be fair, this trip we tried Priceline, so this is likely why they placed us in a less-than-desirable area of the hotel. This is the only reason I can imagine, as they clearly did not have a full house of guests that would have necessitated putting people simply where they had room.

As it was, we had broken sleep due to a mysterious, periodic BOOM noise throughout the night. The next day I finally realized it was something in the wall related to the HVAC system in our room. I had to turn it off to keep it from making this noise each time it cycled on.

Also, on our last visit the wait staff at Ernie's was friendly and helpful. The waiter we had during our two meals there this trip couldn't be bothered to do his job. He usually leaned against the bar chatting with the bartender, a few feet from his tables, while his patrons sat with empty glasses, waiting for food.

Additionally, free parking only exists as long as there is not a party going on at the hotel. Coming back to the hotel around 9 pm, we had to pay for valet as their event guests had taken up all of the free parking. All parking is very close to the hotel, so there is really no need for valet at all. Yet we HAD to use it b/c the only parking left was in the valet section. Poor showing for overnight guests.

On the plus side, the bathroom is spacious, though the light is oddly located outside the bathroom door. I was also happy that though the bathtub is not a spa tub, it is still fairly deep unlike the usual foot-washer of a tub hotels often have. The beds are VERY comfortable, but the sheets feel as though they've been downgraded to a cheaper, stiffer, scratchier variety (you know the type...one of you moves in the night and you're woken by the sound of the sheets crinkling).

This hotel simply needs a big refurb and retraining of its staff to get back to its former glory. And guests should never, ever be placed in the pet section of a hotel unless requested.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, December 25, 2010
Hello Branv,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear to hear you enjoyed the tub in your room. I am very sorry to hear about the noise from the neighbors on our pet friendly floor. Yes, we are happy to offer Pet friendly accommodations. However, this does not mean that we tolerate any noise that could affect the quality of your sleep. When we are informed of a noise complaint from our guests, we systematically address it as part of our hotel policy on noise. We avoid whenever possible to place our guests near the rooms that are occupied by families with pets, regardless of the booking channel or rate. This opportunity has been addressed with my Team. We are now also working on the noise problem related to the HVAC and this should be resolved shortly.
I am happy to hear that you last visit at Ernie’s went well and the service was friendly and efficient. We have addressed the second comment that you made and will make sure that this quality of service encounter does not repeat itself.
We do offer complimentary self-parking at the hotel it is very closely located to the entrance. I sincerely apologize if that day our self-parking was full in which case we would be happy to valet your car complimentary. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Jean de Vogue
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

This Westin is old and has not been updated. There is construction in the hallway of the floor I stayed in (3rd). There appears not be SPG club rooms as I am Platinum and was not offered one. The carpet in my room was stained and the a/c did not cool (it was very warm in my room). Front desk staff is not particularly friendly.
The workout facility is very well stocked with machines and weights and this is a plus for the hotel.
My bed *was not* a heavenly bed, unless its a very old and worn out one, because it was hard and uncomfortable.
There is poor insulation in the rooms its noisy all night.
Save money and stay at a nicer/friendlier place, the Sheraton Stonebriar accross the parking lot.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, January 2, 2011
Dear epg_01, Thank you for staying with us and for the gift of feedback. I definitely appreciate your business and that you are a Starwood Platinum member with SPG. I am delighted that you enjoyed our fully equipped Westin Workout room! At the same time, I am very sorry about your experience with your room. As you mentioned, there were renovations taking place during the day, that week, and I sincerely apologize for us having placed you on that floor. I have addressed this issue with my Team to ensure this situation does not repeat itself again. I do trust that you were still upgraded to our best available suite and/or best enhanced room which is consistent with the Platinum Level status and hope that the rest of your stay was good. If you have the chance to return, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 972.668.8000 . Once more, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will stay with us again. Be well, Jean de Vogue
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I've been staying at this hotel 3 nights a week for six months. The room reminds me more of a nicer Sheraton than a Westin, but it's clean and comfy so I don't have too many complaints. The staff here is great though (maybe a little to eager) and check-in and check-out is always a breeze. The bar / restaurant is pretty decent.

The hotel has a pretty nice golf course (and offers discounted twilight gold for its guests), but I've never used the course. There's also an outdoor pool that's over-chlorinated. The best amenity is probably the gym, which is twice as big as most hotel gyms.

A few tips: 1) don't get stuck in the wings -- it's a LONG walk to the elevator 2) the walls are thin 3) try to get in the Chairman Suite if you can 4) the bar mix is excellent

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

My extended family and I stayed at the Westin over Halloween weekend. We arrived and were instantly greated by staff consumed with making sure we had a good time. The rooms included complimentary bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries along with a Welcome note.

The room was nicely decorated, a bit dated, but still nice and clean. The bedding was excellent and the bed was awesome. Never had an issue with sleeping while we stayed.

The hotel bar was very nice and the prices weren't bad compared to other high end hotels. Did not have an opportunity to eat at the bar or the hotel resturant.

The floors were quiet, no loud guests or machinary. There was a wedding while we were staying, but the noise was confined to the lobby.

Plentiful free parking. Centerally located to shops and Ikea! Great weekend getaway desination.

• Stayed October 2010
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stayed at the Westin Stonebriar this past weekend, I need some "leave mommy alone" time. My first disappointment was not being able to book a spa weekend, although I was given the option of scheduling it at the hotel on arrival. It would have been nice to have that already set up before my arrival. The second disappointment was the stairs leading up to the hotel, you either have to climb a set of stairs to get to the front door or walk around to the side, it was very strange. The hotel it self is beautiful, and the front desk was wonderful on check in. I had paid for a deluxe king room, and honestly unless I missed it I really did not see a difference between it and the standard rooms on the website. Maybe the deluxe part was the view of the pool, didn't really impress me enought to be worth the extra I paid but oh well. The room itself was very nice, the bed was comfortable, and the refrigerator was a nice touch to the room. I had booked the indulgence package, and about 20 mins after checking in I was brought my complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, and chocolate strawberries. Since it was 3'oclock in the afternoon, it would have been nice if someone had contacted me to see if I wanted my goodies so early in the day, or maybe would have like to have them delivered later. But I can honestly say each time I called for room service or ask for a special item they were right there! Excellent service! The third disappointment was the fact the wireless internet was not working on my floor, the only way I could use my laptop was plugging in the ether net cable. So I could only work while sitting at the desk. The fourth and final disappointment was the noise! I was at the end of the hall on the fourth floor, and OMG I thought I was in a construction zone. I heard everything from my neighbor next door, to the service elevator in the middle of the night. The people up stairs, it was unbelievable, I have stayed in all price range of hotels, and this was the first time I wanted to leave in the middle of the night to go home and get sleep. I had enough of trying to sleep, so around 3:30 am I went down stairs in search of a vending machine to some water or something to drink, nope! They do not have vending machines, of course room service would be more than happy to bring me anything I wanted, at a 22% convenience fee.
Overall I was very disappointed with the hotel, I would never expected to pay this much for a room and be kept up all night. And the extra I paid for a "deluxe" room, I did not see anything that was different from the standard room. Unless the hotel does a better sound proofing I will not be back, nor will I recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We got a great deal on this hotel through Hotwire. I was very excited about staying here and my son was ready for the pool. When we arrived, the bell staff was wonderful as well as the front desk.
The hotel is in a great area that seems to have mostly new construction. The room was large but the carpet was quite stained. The beds were very comfortable.
We went down to the pool and were disappointed because it was very dirty. It may have been because it was a sunday evening and maybe they don't clean much on Sunday, but there were platic cups, cigarette butts, and other debris in the pool. Also, the bar area was not open and neither was the restaurant. It was about 7:00pm.
The pool is large and very nice. Could be great fun if clean. There was also a nice little slide.
All in all we would stay there again if we knew the pool would be in good condition and the restaurants were open.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!