“Top Notch Service with a View” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Frisco
Fairborn, Ohio
“Top Notch Service with a View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was in Dallas on business and attended a conference in this hotel for two nights/three days. I like modern design and amenities, and this hotel did not disappoint. Despite the feeling of grandeur, this hotel still felt comfortable and welcoming. The lounge area had the old charm of a well-preserved library or parlor, however, it felt welcoming and invited you to come on in, kick up your feet, and enjoy the view. And what a view it was! It overlooked a gorgeous golf course. I thought if I had more time, I'd definitely get out there and play nine rounds; but if not, I will stay here when I'm in the area again and build in an extra day just to enjoy it. There was a stunning table in the hall that reminded me of reclaimed wood that had been modernized and beautifully restored. I walked passed and had to come back for a second more detailed look. Details of beauty were everywhere. I especially loved and appreciated how the modern was combined with the classic of old world charm.

The food was impeccable and portion sizes were filling. If I could learn to make my polenta and steak like they do, I'd actually make them at home. The creme' brulee' was the best I'd had, and I've lived in Europe before. I really like the chocolate mousse because it was highly flavored without being overpowering or too rich; and everyone at our 10 person table agreed.

The staff was equally as impressive, from the reception desk, to the bellhop, to the wait staff, to management. Everyone greeted you with a smile and a warm offering of "how's your stay, is there anything I can do for you." Everyone made you feel welcomed and respected. It was apparent that I was important to them, even when I came down in sweats and crazy-looking hair to take the shuttle to the mall--I received the same professional courtesy and respect. Surprisingly, the young man in the coffee shop also made me feel like we were old friends. He even gave me a little education as we talked coffee. That was a testament to the detail this hotel showed.

My room and bathroom were larger than normal. The color scheme was soothing and along with the high quality white bedding, made for a restful evening. The room had a comfortable white leather chair with a footstool, desk with a comfortable black leather chair, a huge TV over a beautiful chest of drawers with a granite top. One side of the chest had drawers, and the other a fridge and safe. There were beautiful sheer curtains in front of the room-darkening ones. I also loved the bathroom with its matching granite counters and extra wall storage. It was a great place to store your toiletries and other bathroom items without hogging up the counter. The rainfall shower head was a delight to wake up to in the morning, and the shower curtain bar was a heavy duty half circle that gave ample room, making the shower feel proportionally as large as the bathroom. The closet was also a great size.

There was a free shuttle to the mall and restaurants. I used it twice to go to both locations and was pleased with the drivers and their professionalism. They even gave me a free bottle of spring water while I waited. The fitness center also is top-notch.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello Ambassador1 –

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your great comments. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your experience at our hotel. We always feel humbled when a guest does our job by effectively selling the property for us.

We can't wait to welcome you back.

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here to attend family wedding and had a wonderful time. Staff is very much into customer service. The rooms were luxurious with great amenities. We did upgrade to an executive suite for a price less than regular hotel rooms elsewhere. So worth it with an extra powder room and spa like bath w separate tub for two and separate large walk in shower with rain head or hand held sprays. Only two weak links - pillows were terribly lumpy despite getting additional ones which were not an improvement. Second housekeepers do a great job once you can track them down and get your room serviced as their focus is on the next guest not current ones. Everyone in our group had to forgo service the first nite due to time constraints just taking extra towels off the cart. We did call, ask at the desk for early service and tho promised did not materialize.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello Barbara D –

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for your positive comments about your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our executive suites. I sincerely apologize about failing to meet your request for early service. I have addressed this with our Teams to ensure we deliver on our promises. Thank you again for your gift of feedback, especially coming from a Top Contributor. We look forward to your next stay.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This Westin was a little different but nice. The decor is more older style vs some of the more modern Westins. However, we really like it and would def come back. The staff is awesome. I think at the front desk, the gentleman's last name was Vogue, but he was very very nice and made us feel very welcomed. There is a shuttle service to go anywhere within a 3 mile radius which is very convenient. Mine was delayed 1/2 hour but no big deal, I was not in a rush...My only negative is that there is no Starwood lounge. There was few instances that the cleaning crew talked so loudly amongst themselves in the halls that it was a little disturbing.

Hello I3tsg01 –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your positive comments about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that I was able to personally welcome you to our hotel and that your stay was a memorable one. I apologize for the disturbance you encountered in the halls and I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Team to address this.

We look forward to your next visit.

Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Attended the Wedding of my Nephew and stayed at this Magnificent Hotel. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful hotel.. The accomadations were magnificent.. The Pool, weightroom, bar, lounge and resturant were excellent.. If in Frisco, Texas, I highly recommend this Hotel..

Room Tip: I think any floor or room chosen are going to be fabulous.. We stayed on the 4th floor overliiking t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello Bradlem1 –

Thank you very much for staying with us during this very special occasion and for sharing with us your positive experience. I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is definitely the best Westin that I'v stayed in our the years. The rooms are large, the staff was very helpful (this is not typical in the US), the various restaurants served good food, the price was quite reasonable. When in Dallas give this hotel a try.

Room Tip: The Hallways are long, you might want to request a room closer to the elevators if you don't lik...
Hello The Big L –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay. Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Laguna Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Westin Stonebriar is a beautiful resort with spectacular views of the country club, pool area and golf course. The rooms are dated but confortable with their signature heavenly beds. Platinum guest are not treated any differently than first time guest with very few room upgrades available.The Westen Theme is dated but works in the common area's like the bar and Legacy resturant. The location is not great if traveling to events in the Dallas / Ft worth area.
Overall a very nice resort with very nice emenities and very nice people.

Room Tip: The resort only has 11 suites on the entire property so platinum guest rarely get an upgrade. Ask fo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hello jwg333 –

Thank you very much for your recent visit to the Westin Stonebriar hotel and for sharing with us the gift of feedback. We truly appreciate your loyalty as a Starwood Platinum member and while I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay, particularly our resort and our beds, I sincerely apologize for not having been able to fulfill your expectations during this past visit. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to connect with you about how we missed this opportunity to recognize you and how we can recover this during your next visit. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly at 972-668-8000.

Linkoping, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great hotel with the best staff I've ever encountered in a hotel. A lot of hotels provide the same services, and have staff ready to help with most anything I've needed but only at Westin have I felt they serve with pride; most other places they do it (like put on another brewer of coffee) but they do it giving me a feeling that I annoy them. Not at Westin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello 3jean –

Thank you very much for recent stay and for your glowing review about our hotel and our Team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Front Office Manager

Been to The Westin Stonebriar? Share your experiences!