“Great hotel - excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Frisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Linkoping, Sweden
“Great hotel - excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great hotel with the best staff I've ever encountered in a hotel. A lot of hotels provide the same services, and have staff ready to help with most anything I've needed but only at Westin have I felt they serve with pride; most other places they do it (like put on another brewer of coffee) but they do it giving me a feeling that I annoy them. Not at Westin.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello 3jean –

Thank you very much for recent stay and for your glowing review about our hotel and our Team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Be well.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed one Saturday night in October.

Hotel was quite a bit bigger than I expected. Was able to find parking right up front without valet, though later that night we couldn't find a spot without a bit of a walk. Check in was easy with complimentary bottled waters and apples. The lobby area is very nice with a great view of the golf course on the north side.

The bar area was just as nice looking with a big comfy couch and chairs in front of the fireplace. Cool place to lounge around.

The room was just OK. The door on the "balcony" was nice to let fresh air in. It was clean enough but there were stains on the floor carpet. The decor reminded me of my grandparents. A bit old. There was free bottled water in the mini fridge. Our room was almost all the way on the end of the building so it was a bit of a walk to get around.

We had an even numbered room that faced south so there wasn't any view. North side view I'm sure was awesome.

The pool area had a little putting green and bocce ball court. Was a bit too cold to try any of that stuff though. Looked kinda fun.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms or rooms on the north side
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Kevin C –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your positive comments about your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Stonebriar last for three nights last week while attending a wedding. The hotel and staff could not have been better. The pool was an added plus as it was hot on my one "down" day so I appreciated being able to "chill" by the pool. The pool's snack bar was closed but I would've expected that since it was the end of September and I was the ONLY person at the pool! The rooms were spacious and quite and the bedding heavenly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello NNWWHH –

Thank you very much for recent stay and for sharing with us your great feedback. Thank you for your comments about our Team as I know they appreciate the recognition. I hope you will consider returning to experience our Aqua Bar during the summer time to enjoy all of the poolside activities we have to offer.

Be well.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our room was very spacious. The bed and fixtures were good. The hotel cable system was very slow. The location to IKEA, Container Store, The Dump. Stonebriar mall and other great shopping was very good. Now I don't have to go all the way into downtown Dallas for most of my shopping. Of course there is only one IKEA in the area, which makes Frisco a ideal location.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms overlooking the golf course.
Hello Booklover003 –

Thank you very much for staying at the Westin Stonebriar and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Glad you enjoyed our close proximity to some great shopping.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a very nice stay at the Westin for two nights. My wife and I were away on vacation, and were looking for a reasonably elegant resort hotel. Unfortunately it rained all one day we were there, but we still had a very relaxing time. The hotel is nicely furnished and works well for those wishing for a resort time at the hotel. There's an elegant bar, a nice restaurant, a poolside bar and grill (only open during the summer), a lobby lounge, and a spacious covered balcony overlooking the golf course. They are set up for weddings, you can tell. The pool is nice and creative, with a nice hot tub, lounge chairs, umbrellas, a little putting green, and bocce ball. It's even got a little waterslide for the kids.

The staff was attentive and caring and seemed to be working pretty hard. Make sure you use the "Green Choice" card on your door - by declining cleaning and fresh linens, you get a $5 credit per night you decline (except checkout day, of course). Not bad, because who really needs fresh linens every night anyways? Also make sure you call the front desk and decline the USA Today, unless you plan on reading it - you get a 75 cent credit per night for that as well...not much, but why pay for it?

The room was reasonably spacious - a king bed, small desk, one plush chair and one desk-type chair. The bed was nice, but I would hardly call it "heavenly." I found the mattress on the firm side, and the pillows definitely failed to impress. They use those heavy linens that feel like they've been starched, which I'm not a huge fan of. Bathroom was spacious and very nice, though a garden-style tub with jacuzzi jets would have made my wife very happy!

Overall it was a nice stay, good for the weekend getaway we were planning. They have an unadvertised Texas Resident rate - if you show your Texas ID it's only $129/night. Don't miss that, but the hotel and everything within is still pretty pricey. Room service is unreachable with a delivery charge and huge service charge plus taxes on top of already overpriced food. The restaurants are on the pricey end, but manageable.

LEGACY GRILL REVIEW:
The Legacy Grill is the fine restaurant inside the Westin Stonebriar hotel. It is open to the public for breakfast and lunch during the week, breakfast and dinner on Friday and Saturday, and breakfast only on Sunday. The other dinners, they serve much of their menu at the in-hotel bar, which I think is actually a much more elegant dining experience anyways.

The dinner menu is a mix of some classics (each with a fancy twist) and specials. The specials seem to rotate based on the chef's interest pretty regularly. For breakfast, you can either order the usual morning fare off the menu, or do the buffet for $19pp. Despite it being a nice restaurant, because it's a resort/golf hotel, you will see a wide range of attire, from fancy to exceedingly casual. The atmosphere is nice but not too nice.

My wife and I dined here for breakfast and dinner. We both ordered the buffet, being a big fan of breakfast buffets, but we were a bit disappointed by the size. There's an egg station, cereal, breads, fruits, and about four buffet warmers. The buffet comes with drinks. For the price, we thought the selection was pretty small. Everything on the buffet was very tasty, and the coffee was good, but this breakfast buffet should have been priced at about $12pp, not 19. Regular menu items also appeared pretty overpriced.

For dinner, we were on a Thursday night so we dined in Ernie's Bar, which was a very pleasant atmosphere. The entree prices were pretty reasonable, though the wine was a bit pricey. My wife had a cobb salad, which was very good but could have used a bit more greens. I had a special, which that night was a weinerschnitzel. My entree was excellent and sizeable - I was very pleased.

Room Tip: Don't miss the Texas Resident rate - show your Texas ID and it's $129/night.
Hello John S –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to review your positive experience at our hotel.
I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you and your wife back again for another getaway weekend.

Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Absolutely loved the staff; from the moment the bellmen took our luggage, to the service desk, to the cleaning crew, all were professional, friendly, and helpful. The staff rates five stars.

We had a KS premium room overlooking the pool which was lovely and large enough to relax in with a fairly comfortable lounge chair. Good size desk, nice flat screen TV viewable from all around, nice powerful hair dryer, large towels, mini-fridge (though we couldn’t find that listed on the website prior to our stay). We also liked the magnifying mirror on the side of the vanity although it was mounted a tad too low (which was a stark contrast to the 8 foot high shower apparently designed for the Dallas Mavericks). Shower was interesting, a combination of a very high square rainfall type head with a European style hand wand on top of standard tub. Good water pressure and insta-hot water. Housekeeping was friendly but not too through (e.g., sconces in bathroom had layer of dust) and bed was not too neatly made. Lots of pillows, 2 KS, 2 QS, and long sort of miniature body pillow. Bed was very comfortable though top bedding was too heavy. If we stayed there again we would remove the top layer and just keep the lighter duvet. As it was, once you got under the covers it was awkward to change position as the bedding was so heavy. Room was very quiet and we heard no road noise despite proximity to SH 121. Location is very easy to find.

We did expect to have robes in a hotel of this level so that was disappointing to have wear towels while getting ready. Mysteriously a robe for us to share did appear on the second night.

Fantastic world class fitness facility and huge pool with lots and lots of chaise lounges.

Other nice touches: free parking (yay!), free valet, bowl of apples in the lobby, tons of free water, and shuttle available to take you to nearby businesses or shops.

If they just didn’t target non-business travelers with a wifi fee I would put them in the 5 star range (I say target because such a fee means nothing to business travelers with expense accounts). We are SPG members and expected that they would offer to waive that fee as do most all the other hotel chains in which we have memberships in their programs.

Room Tip: Higher floor is better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello TXLUV2TVL –

Thank you for your recent stay and for your great comments about the professionalism and friendliness of our staff as this is what we are known for.

I apologize for the missing bathrobe on your first night but I am glad you found one on the second day of your stay. I have shared these comments with our housekeeping team.

I do understand your concern over the internet charge. Westin Hotels and Resorts, as do all of the major upscale hotel chains who are our direct competitors, charge for in room internet access. Platinum members of our Starwood Preferred Guest program do get complimentary high speed internet access. Gold members have a choice of welcome amenity that includes free internet access. We do offer complimentary wireless high speed internet access in all of our public areas including the pool and complimentary access to internet at our business center.

I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Copperas Cove, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. This is a large hotel capable of just about any event you would want to have. The rooms were well furnished and comfortable. I did not count the number of pillows on my bed but at least 4 or 5. The total facility is extremely clean, staff is friendly and willing to help you. The pool looked good from above as I only saw it from my room.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room. This hotel is far enough from Hwy 121, major highway noise is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello Raydon46 –

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Westin Stonebriar. I appreciate the high marks, especially coming from a Top Contributor. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and for recognizing the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. I hope you will have the opportunity to relax at the pool during your next trip. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Jean de Vogue

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!