“Beautiful area - very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Frisco
New York NY
“Beautiful area - very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stepping out the back of the hotel and just walking around is really nice. The hotel is very nice.

The pool is lovely but the grounds are what really charmed me.

I don't really think of the Westin Stonebriar as a resort - more of a business hotel with good meetings / conference facilities. The pool is very nice and I believe they have golf as well. I enjoyed the grounds and being able to walk around the immediate area after dinner.

There are restaurants walking distance - that was a nice touch.

Very polished and professional staff - good people.

It is not a bad trip from the airport (but I don't know what it is like at rush hour).

Great hotel - I enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hello MoreFFmiles –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your positive review. I am happy to hear that you were charmed by our grounds and were able to visit the great nearby restaurants. We look forward to your stay.

Jean de Vogue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
tyler. texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

this is a beautiful hotel. first class in every way. they have good food and adult beverages. they have a very nice, large pool with a small water slide. the slide is small and is designed mostly for small kids who know how to swim but adults use it too. we also had a movie by the pool in the evening. the shower heads are fantastic and the beds are ultra comfortable- I got a great nights sleep. we come to this hotel at least once or twice every year. they also have a great golf course and workout room. the fantastic frisco mall is just down the street also. the staff Is also very nice.

Room Tip: frisco is a great area for shopping
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello tylerman19 –

It's always great to hear from a returning guest that things are still just as good as the first time you stayed with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've stayed at the Westin Stonebriar on numerous occasions and always have a great time. Our latest stay was no exception. It was a last minute decision to go after a huge blunder at another resort. We were celebrating our anniversary and July 4th. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and help us celebrate. They even went out of there way to make our six year old daughter feel so special. In fact, our daughter said, "I don't know why we go anywhere else. The Westin Stonebriar has the best service, the best pool and its my favorite place!" Special thanks to Kelly, Amy, Jordan and the girls at the pool - Kristin, Shelby, and one other wonderful girl who I am so upset to say I cannot remember her name. Each staff member is warm, welcoming and want every moment of your stay to be relaxing and fun. Over the holidays there is usually a DJ at the pool as there was this time, with fun games for the kids & adults. The pool service can't be beat. We can't thank the Westin Stonebriar enough for make our 8th anniversary and this years July 4th so memorable!!! See you soon!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Ldsmall -

It was great to have you back again at the hotel for your 8th anniversary. We are very pleased that we were able to make this another memorable experience for you.

Your comments on our associates and our service are much appreciated, thank you for recognizing them as they truly make the difference. We sincerely hope to see you and your family again soon.

The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The movie by the pool was a hit with the kids. We did not have pups, but many folks did and it was delightful to see our canine friends walking in the lobby. The convention space was quite a distance from your room, but very convenient.
The spa was a disappointment, you had to go across the street since the space was replaced by the gym.
The bar was the central and friendly although the service could have been faster.
The room was standard Westin, great beds, plush bedding, and a rain shower option in the bath.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for poolside or golf view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
steveberry2020 –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your wonderful comments. Glad to hear that your kids enjoyed our “Dive-in movie” and that you also enjoyed our signature amenities we have to offer in our rooms. We look forward to your next stay.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I had weekend away and after a little research decided to stay at the Westin Stonebriar. Immediately upon our arrival, I began not feeling well.... Brandon, the service express manager was incredibly kind and attentive. Once leaving urgent care, he helped us find the pharmacy, delivered sprite and crackers to the room and checked in on me the next day. We spent Saturday at the pool and despite a large crowd- of mostly children- we had a nice day. The service was quick and friendly- although my husband said the prices for drinks were high. I am disappointed that I wasn't healthy enough to truly experience what this resort has to offer and I'm ready to go back, with our kids to enjoy!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the golf course side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley k –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your great feedback.
I am so sorry to hear that you weren’t feeling well upon your arrival and weren't able to experience all of our amenities during this past stay. It’s nice to hear that we looked after you upon your return from urgent care and I will be sure to share your positive comments with Brandon who is truly a great asset to our Team. We wish you a prompt recovery and look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Love this place...
only down fall is that there are no restaurants walking distance, but the bar and restaurant on site is good.

Parking is easy
easy to find
staff was wonderful

I am going to look for a reason to back... rates are higher than the Sheraton near by, but there is a reason, a good place to stay...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GB_InTexas –

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for your positive review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel restaurant and our convenient parking options. Please stop by the front desk during your next stay so we can give you some great dining recommendations nearby including 6 restaurants just 5 minutes walking distance. We look forward to your return.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed here many times and it is a great property. The rooms could stand new carpet in the near future. I just checked in on a Sunday and met my wife at the pool. We ordered some lunch at the pool and then at 1:30pm the pool waitress I formed us that it was "last call" for food and beverage. When I asked why they closed so early she said they normally aren't busy. There are still 25 people here enjoying the pool on a perfect day, despite the staff packing up to leave and a horrendous elevator version of Pink Floyd playing on the pool speakers. The staff's suggestion was to call room service from a phone if we needed anything. Poor planning and poor management of an otherwise great facility. I would suggest that the GM get out of the office a bit more.

• Stayed June 2013
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Hello 12wAlker –

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for the feedback that only helps us to improve. While I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, I am pleased that you were able to discuss the details of your experience directly with Aqua Bar Manager during your stay. The Aqua Bar is typically open until 2pm on Sundays and afterwards our in room dining team takes over any food and beverage requests by the pool therefore allowing our guests to continue to enjoy our food and beverage offerings until 10pm.

Be well,

Jean de Vogue

Been to The Westin Stonebriar? Share your experiences!