“Nice resort, nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Frisco
newrock
“Nice resort, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I spent two nights here during a business trip. This is an upscale and attractive hotel, with spacious and comfortable rooms. It is well located for any travel to the Frisco/Plano area. I did have an issue, but it was impressively resolved by the night manager Bob. My room happened to be next door to the 'presidential suite' and I was awakened late one night by a party in that suite, in which I could hear everything through the connecting doors. I called the front desk and within 10 minutes, the party was over. The manager left me a very courteous letter and sent an email to me as well. I was very pleasantly surprised by this high level of service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear newrock –

Thank you very much for staying with us and also for sharing your positive feedback about your stay. While I sincerely apologize for the noise caused by your neighbors that night, I am thankful that you reached out to our night manager, Bob, who handled it immediately. Bob is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to share with him your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in April, rooms are large with comfortable seating area and plenty of closet space. Hotel staff were really pleasant and helpful. Complimentary shuttle to nearby restaurants, Stonebriar Mall, and the Shops at Legacy. Conference rooms were fine except for the temperature regulation; mostly way too cold. Cozy fireplace in Lobby area where free WiFi is offered.
Legacy Grill was great for breakfast. Peter's Cafe, probably the one exception to the good service elsewhere. Could not get appointments at the Spa so went to Spa Habitat nearby, which was excellent.

Room Tip: chose a room on the first floor, so no need for elevators; was very quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear blindsaychef –

Thank you very much for staying with us and also for taking the time post your great comments. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, our fireplace, our breakfast as well our courtesy shuttle. Thank you for the compliment on our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

east greenwich, rhode island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice spot, 25 minutes away for DFW airport. Comfortable rooms, clean and airy. The carpets in the room could be updated to make this better, but still nice. Conference rooms airy and more than adequate. The hotel staff go above and beyond to help.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear dermgoddess –

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your positive feedback. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our room as well as our conference facilities. Thank you also for recognizing our wonderful staff. I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We typically drive to Dallas area several times each year for a long weekend getaway and have found that the Westin Stonebriar has become the perfect fit for our needs. It's secluded from the traffic and noise of the city and fairly close to most of the restaurants we frequent. Only downside is that they tend to host quite a few weddings on weekends---and it can become rather noisy. Also, parking is sometimes an issue if they are full. However, it's so much nicer than most of the other Dallas area hotels we've tried. Staff has always gone above and beyond our expectations---very professional.Breakfast buffet is outstanding!

Room Tip: Upper floors tend to be quieter---especially facing golf course.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Warren R –

Thank you very much for your repeat patronage and for sharing your experience us. I am thrilled to read that our hotel has become a perfect fit for your couple and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Thank you for your positive comments about our staff, as they truly make the difference. We look forward to your next stay.

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We love the Westin Stonebriar! We have stayed here on four different trips to the area and have never been disappointed. The staff is very friendly and each of them go out of their way to meet any and all of your needs. On our most recent stay I called down to get a restaurant recommendation. The concierge found a restaurant that met exactly what we were looking for and made a reservation for us. We love the location as it is convenient to such a variety of places. It is at the same time very quiet. We often commented that it felt as if no one else was staying at the hotel.
The rooms are spacious and very clean. In addition the room service menu has a great variety and everything we tried was delicious. They were also very accommodating to changes and substitutions we requested with our order.
I will stay in this hotel again and again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear travelmom36 -

Wow! What an amazing review. I am so pleased to hear that you love the Westin Stonebriar. Thank you very much for your continued loyalty. Glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations once again. We look forward to creating more wonderful experiences for you and your family.

The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location for a birthday getaway for my sister and my niece and myself. My niece is new to the Dallas area and I live in The Woodlands. My sister was coming from California and we wanted some place with shopping, restaurants and convenient to my nieces residence. It had all of the above and Great customer service. Upon making reservations we spoke with the concierge to find restaurants for their birthdays on both Friday night and Saturday night. Jean en Vouge was more than helpful by making reservations for both nights and confirming with emails. Both recommendations were excellent. The staff was very friendly and always greeted us with smiles and conversation about our stay. We are so excited for future stays!

Room Tip: We had a nice view of the pool and golf course.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tracy N –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind comments about our Team. I am delighted that you enjoyed these restaurants: Kenny’s Smoke House and Season’s 52 both located at the Shops at Legacy, just 2 miles away.

We look forward to your next visit!

Jean de vogue
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I stayed in two connecting rooms, the rooms were great, the staff was fantastic and the location was exactly what we wanted - something central to North Dallas as we were visiting friends and family in Plano, Allen, Grapevine, and Ft. Worth (FYI, that is a lot of driving off 121!).
The only knock on the resort is it is starting to look dated, or worn - scuff marks on the walls, old carpet, etc... I would also recommend to go out to eat at the many, many locale restaurants - or even down 121 to the Frisco mall. The shops a legacy are awesome, but also pricy.
All in all, we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Visit the local restaurants!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Paulphillips3rd –.

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your wonderful feedback about our staff, our rooms and our location. We are fortunate to be located near many great restaurants. I trust we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again soon to the Westin Stonebriar.

Front Office Manager

Been to The Westin Stonebriar? Share your experiences!