“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Frisco
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

While everything didn't go perfectly at the Westin Stonebriar, the staff was wonderful about fixing things very quickly. All the staff was very friendly no matter the encounter and all were so helpful, couteous and professional. I had an issue with the shower for which I called the front desk. Maintenance came up and fixed the issue every quickly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear aeh1414 –

Thank you very much for your recent stay. While I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect, I am glad to hear that ours teams were able to effectively recover the situation with the shower in your room. I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again soon.

Be well,

Jean de Vogue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A friend of mine and I stayed overnight for a "girls' weekend getaway" and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. The room was spotless and the beds were "heavenly," as everybody already knows about the Westin. They were just the ticket for the two tired Moms that we are. The hotel was nearly booked to full capacity with a conference, but it was extremely quiet and peaceful. The lobby is spacious and the hotel boasts more than one restaurant space (as well as a number of others within a short driving distance - with a complimentary hotel shuttle if you don't have a car), so we never felt cramped or crowded. The rooms are clearly well-insulated because we were not disturbed by the sounds of other guests coming and going. There is an enormous ribbon-shaped outdoor pool with waterfalls and a hot tub that would have certainly been the centerpiece of our visit had we brought our children along. But what truly set this hotel apart from others in the chain was Alvina at the front desk. She was completely professional, yet at the same time very warm and "real." By the end of our quick check-in, during which time she got us a better rate than we thought possible and arranged for special touches to our room, we wanted to invite her to join us! Yes, we will remember the peace and quiet we experienced, but perhaps even more we will remember the care and thoughtfulness with which we were treated. Thank you, Westin and thank you, Alvina.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ariana K –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I am thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay we were able to fulfill all your expectations.
Thank you for recognizing Alvina, she is a great asset to our front office team and I will be sure to share with her your positive comments.

We look forward to next “girls’ weekend getatway”.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over one hundred times for business over the years. I travel a great deal as I am a consultant and my best hotel service experience is at the Westin Stonebriar. The general manager and all the staff make a great effort to welcome and serve guests. They try to anticipate your needs and deliver. I highly recommend the hotel. By the way, location is convenient to Plano businesses and a short drive to Dallas. The golf course is very good if you have a leisure day.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors and a corner room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear jfrao –

What a great review and recommendation! Your feedback means a lot us as you stay with us year round. We pride ourselves on the personal service we deliver. Thank you for your positive comments about our associates, I know they appreciate your recognition of their hard work. We look forward to your return.

Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at the Westin Stonebriar before, and were very pleased. They did not dissapoint this time as well. Great service, clean, and comfortable room, and a quite place to stay. Good access to the highways, but far enough away to be peaceful.
We will come back again. It is not your typical "free breakfast, cookie cutter place. But, if you want to be treated well, and have a bar to stop off in. This is the place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear trans4med –

Thank you very much for your staying with us again. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as last time. Thank you for the great feedback about our associates, our rooms and our breakfast. We look forward to your next visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This is our second time at this hotel. We love Starwood properties and try to stay at one when cost allows. This was a trip for my wife's 30th birthday, so we wanted a nice hotel that was close to the restaurants and shops she likes.
Jean de Vogue, the front desk manager, was incredible. He helped us get a nicer room and set us up with some nice amenities. But even aside from the perks, Jean and his staff were extremely friendly, welcoming, and helpful.

Since we were here in winter, and one of the hotel's main draws is its location next to a golf course, the hotel wasn't very full, which was nice. The location feels very secluded, but you're 5-10 minutes away from Ikea, the Stonebriar Mall, and the Shops at Legacy, so it's a great setup. You can get to all of those places without having to jump in the highway.

If you're in the Frisco area and want something a bit nicer than the loft-style hotels right next to the mall, then this is your place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jking1119 -

Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate your wife’s 30th birthday at our property and also for your very kind comments and feedback on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to surprise and delight our guests. I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again and please reach out to me personally the next time your travels bring you back to Frisco.

Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

There were some things that really bothered me about the place. If you do not valet, you have to park in a back lot, and if you have a roller back, you have a bunch of stairs you have to navigate. There should be ramps. I took pics.

The hotel was very nice overall, and slept very well.

Internet was poor, elevators were noisy.

Room was very nice, and quiet! Loved it.

Housekeeping does a find job too.

Room Tip: Valet - walk to the hotel is a pain if you have roller bag
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear ClickTheGeek –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your high marks. Thank you also for recognizing our Housekeeping Team, I know they appreciate it. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that you slept very well. I sincerely apologize for the long walk you experienced (especially with a rollerback) from the parking lot to the entrance as the hotel was very busy that day. For your convenience, I recommend pulling up to our front drive and dropping off your luggage and later park your car.

We look forward to your next stay.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Upon entering my room initially at the Westin Stonebriar, I was impressed with the size of the room and its appointments. Two queen beds don’t overwhelm the area, with plenty left over for large chairs and a bench. A large desk too. There is plenty of space to move around the bathroom.

But a closer look showed that the maintenance doesn’t quite keep up. My room included a broken toilet handle, loose electrical outlet, and a fairly well stained carpet.

The bars, restaurants and public areas are well designed for meetings and groups. I am just not so overwhelmed with the condition of the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear slovaktoo –

Thank you for your staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the size of your room and that you enjoyed the large space in the bathroom as well as the design of our bars, restaurants and public areas. I am very sorry to hear about the loose fixtures and the carpet stains in your room. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping and Engineering Teams. If you have the opportunity to visit us again, please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can ensure that that we assign you a room which is up to our standards.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Be well,
Front Office Manager

Been to The Westin Stonebriar? Share your experiences!