“Great secluded getaway with top-notch staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Frisco
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great secluded getaway with top-notch staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This is our second time at this hotel. We love Starwood properties and try to stay at one when cost allows. This was a trip for my wife's 30th birthday, so we wanted a nice hotel that was close to the restaurants and shops she likes.
Jean de Vogue, the front desk manager, was incredible. He helped us get a nicer room and set us up with some nice amenities. But even aside from the perks, Jean and his staff were extremely friendly, welcoming, and helpful.

Since we were here in winter, and one of the hotel's main draws is its location next to a golf course, the hotel wasn't very full, which was nice. The location feels very secluded, but you're 5-10 minutes away from Ikea, the Stonebriar Mall, and the Shops at Legacy, so it's a great setup. You can get to all of those places without having to jump in the highway.

If you're in the Frisco area and want something a bit nicer than the loft-style hotels right next to the mall, then this is your place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Jking1119 -

Thank you very much for choosing to celebrate your wife’s 30th birthday at our property and also for your very kind comments and feedback on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to surprise and delight our guests. I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again and please reach out to me personally the next time your travels bring you back to Frisco.

Jean de Vogue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

There were some things that really bothered me about the place. If you do not valet, you have to park in a back lot, and if you have a roller back, you have a bunch of stairs you have to navigate. There should be ramps. I took pics.

The hotel was very nice overall, and slept very well.

Internet was poor, elevators were noisy.

Room was very nice, and quiet! Loved it.

Housekeeping does a find job too.

Room Tip: Valet - walk to the hotel is a pain if you have roller bag
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear ClickTheGeek –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your high marks. Thank you also for recognizing our Housekeeping Team, I know they appreciate it. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that you slept very well. I sincerely apologize for the long walk you experienced (especially with a rollerback) from the parking lot to the entrance as the hotel was very busy that day. For your convenience, I recommend pulling up to our front drive and dropping off your luggage and later park your car.

We look forward to your next stay.

Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Upon entering my room initially at the Westin Stonebriar, I was impressed with the size of the room and its appointments. Two queen beds don’t overwhelm the area, with plenty left over for large chairs and a bench. A large desk too. There is plenty of space to move around the bathroom.

But a closer look showed that the maintenance doesn’t quite keep up. My room included a broken toilet handle, loose electrical outlet, and a fairly well stained carpet.

The bars, restaurants and public areas are well designed for meetings and groups. I am just not so overwhelmed with the condition of the room.

Dear slovaktoo –

Thank you for your staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the size of your room and that you enjoyed the large space in the bathroom as well as the design of our bars, restaurants and public areas. I am very sorry to hear about the loose fixtures and the carpet stains in your room. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping and Engineering Teams. If you have the opportunity to visit us again, please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can ensure that that we assign you a room which is up to our standards.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Be well,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed with friends New Years Eve, and were very close to entertainment and restaurants. The staff are great and the hotel is very nice. We hope to stay again soon. When we needed a taxi it was there very quickly. My wife left her ipad in the room and it was waiting at the front desk when I returned.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear imrunninglate –

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to retrieve your wife’s ipad.
I hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again soon.

Be well,

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel every January for a manager's meeting and we always enjoy our stay here. Very friendly staff, great food, comfortable rooms and well maintained property. I would definitely recommend to others.

imrunninglate -

Thank you very much for your return visit and for your great comments about our Team and our facility. We are glad that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our stay at the Westin Stonebriar was wonderful. From the moment we arrived, we were taken care of. The concierge at the front door greeted us and made us feel welcome.
The front desk staff was so pleasant. Kudos to the management staff for training their employee so well. This is a model for how it should be done !

Everyone had a smile on their face and everyone was engaged in their work. The room was fabulous. Nice comfortable bed and cozy furniture. The bathroom was spacious and we absolutely loved the rainfall shower head. It really does make a difference !

As we walked the property, everyone was so friendly and spoke, asking us how we were. It was such a refreshing and cool aspect of our stay.

The workout area was nice, there was plenty of room and a good amount of machine options to choose from. I wish that the Westin Stonebriar had a spa facility where you could get a massage or sit in a steam room, but I guess you can't have everything.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates great service and a comfortable atmosphere....Great job, Westin Stonebriar. I will be back and am telling everyone I know what a fabulous place this is.

Room Tip: if you are a Starwood Preferred Guest member, ask for a room on the 5th floor with a view of the gol...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear qbchiefs -

Wow! What a great review! Thank you very much for staying with us and for your great comments about our hotel and our Team. I will be sure to share your comments with the Front Desk Team. I am glad you enjoyed every moment of your stay and that as a Starwood Preferred Member you were able to enjoy an upgrade to the 5th floor.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Oklahoma City, Ok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Beginning with an effiecient friendly check in, our stay at the Westin Stonebriar was just right.
Each aspect of the hotlel was polished, from the restaurants , interior design, staff and service. With the reasonable rates and excellence, we would eagerly stay here again.

Room Tip: I enjoyed our view of the pool and golf course.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
GoAndDo –

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share with us your memorable experience at the Westin Stonebriar. I am thrilled to hear that enjoyed every aspect of your stay. From your arrival to your dining experience and the friendliness of our staff.

I trust we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Been to The Westin Stonebriar? Share your experiences!