“Tournament stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham - Frisco

Save Saved
You added Wingate by Wyndham - Frisco to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham - Frisco
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14700 State Hwy 121, (NE corner of 121 & Independence), Frisco, TX 75035   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Frisco
“Tournament stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed at Wingates in the past and have felt they were a good value. Rooms were quite, clean and roomy.
The breakfast or good, but not a hot buffet. I am 74 years old and stayed there with my 9 year old granddaughter. I felt safe and we were both very pleased with the hotel. The only downside is that they advertise heated pool, but it seemed too cool to swim in.

Room Tip: I prefer to say on one of the lower floors, 1st if I have children with me that like to run around a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Holly Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hotel was really nice. It was located in an upscale area. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Frisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am a freequent business traveller and never had such a horrible experience in any other hotels..I am member of all major hotel chains...never in my life time I had such a bad experience. I was given a criminal trespass warning just because I complained about room cleanliness. I paid & checked in to this hotel based on prior confirmed reservation after a long travel and at the end of my work day at 7pm. After I left my luggage in the room, I noticed some room cleanliness issue and just mentioned it to the hotel manager ( Howard) at front desk. The manager got very upset with me saying that I complained about cleanliness issue a couple of times during my previous stays of several weeks. He asked me to leave the hotel and never come back. I was shocked and very surprised by such a rude behavious from a hotel manager....never had experienced such a thing. I never usually worry about it as long as they can either give me an extra bed sheet or promise that they can take care of it in the morning by housekeeping. I just want to make sure that I don't get in contact with any badly stained bed sheets or towels. I usually check that only before going to bed but that day, I found that out and mentioned to the manager. I asked him politely why I am being asked to leave and it was too late in the night...let me stay for this week and next week I won't come back. He got more angry on me and said " no...I am checking you out right now and leave immediately". Then, I decided to leave and started to go upstairs to my room to gather belongings. The manager suddenly took something out of his drawer and ran behind me..then ran past me to my room and locked me out. At that point, I felt threatened and unsafe and called police immediately. I was only going back to my room because I have an important personal belongings- company laptop, comapny badge and personal belongings. I went out and stayed outside until police arrived...explained to them the rude behaviour of the hotel manager and worried about my safety. They talked to the hotel manager and asked me that I have to sign a Criminal Trespass warning letter in order for the hotel manager to return my belongings from my room. I felt terrible because I have not done any trespassing and any thing wrong...I am a law abiding US citizen. The police did not act fairly. I called the hotel manager requesting to remove this warning on me but another manager ( David ) was very rude as well. So, this is the story of Wingate hotel by Wyndham. Don't trust just because you are Wyndham rewards member and this hotel belongs to Wyndham and they treat you nicely...you are living there at whims of these guys who are horrible in customer service. Also, beware...you will never receive a customer survey or feedback email from Wyndham on this hotel ( unlike all other hotel chains) because obviouly they want to block you from reporting any thing. Beware...don't stay in this hotel...it will be unsafe...you will get written up with Criminal trespass without you doing anything wrong. Thanks for heeding my advise and be safe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Wingate by Wyndham - Frisco? Share your experiences!