“Fun & Dog-Friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Frisco
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Fun & Dog-Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have stayed here several times & love this hotel in Frisco. It very accessible to The Stonebriar Centre Mall plus lots of shopping, restaurants, etc. It's also a dog-friendly hotel (no charge by the way). The staff are great and the hotel is 'very' contemporary in decor. Great place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
AloftFriscoGenMgr, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Accessibility to shopping, CHECK!

Restaurants and bars within walking distance, CHECK!

Modern décor and design, CHECK!

All members of your immediate family are welcome, including Fido, CHECK!

So CHECK-IN and CHECK US OUT!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I see negative comments, but we had a great experience! The hotel is JUST like the pictures, so take a look before you book, it's a "modern" feel. Bed was comfy, they are pet friendly, easy going, and the gym area was very nice!!!

I enjoyed our stay (we only stayed one night).....

only negative = doesn't come with a breakfast of any kind they have some kind of (nice) bar with breakfast options (but nothing made to order) for sale in the lobby.

They also offer $5 credit or extra points if you decide to be Eco friendly and skip housekeeping on additional stay days :-)

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for the kind words!

You will definitely want to preview our website for hotel and guest amenity photos.

Although we do not offer complimentary breakfast we DO have cooked to order breakfast items in our re:fuel area, which serves everything from breakfast sandwiches to freshly baked muffins. Depending on the day of the week, breakfast is served anywhere between 6am and 11 am.

Thank you for the honest remarks and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Very institutional. Rooms are small. No closets. Lots of concrete and stretched fabric. Shampoo and conditioner was bolted on to wall. Saw almost no staff. Plus side beds comfortable.

This is far cry from a W hotel experience.

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for adding comments relating to our style of hotel.

As you mentioned in your comments our beds are very comfortable!!!!!!

As far as overall room size is concerned we are average in total square footage, but a little known secret to gain a drastically larger room would be to request one of our accessible rooms at check-in should one be available, it will more than double your rooms total square footage.

We are also going green with our shampoo and body wash program. We have mounted dispensers within the shower so that we are going green and not discarding the typically smaller one use containers needlessly. Another way that we are going green is by offering our Make A Green Choice program, where guests who are staying for multiple nights can opt out of room service for additional SPG points or a Food and Beverage voucher good at our Wxyz Bar or refuel kitchen.

Again, thank you for the feedback it is most appreciated!!!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We did not have a say in choosing this hotel as it was booked by work. I was a bit puzzled after reading the widely differing reviews. Here's my take on it:

- yes, it's loud in there. We were not very close to the elevator and still could hear it every time it was used. It was LOUD. The in-room air conditioning unit was also deafening. Good thing we didn't need to have it on as we would not have been able to sleep.
- on the subject of temperature - there was a huge draft coming in from outside through the air con unit. Which, when it's just above freezing temperatures outside, is not good. It was extremely cold and as mentioned before, leaving the unit on at night for heat was impossible due to how loud it was.
- staff were ok on the whole, I guess improvement would be welcome. Some were friendly and helpful, others definitely less so, and a couple really seemed not to care at all.
- free shuttle in the morning is great to take you pretty much anywhere that's close by. This was a great option, although it was running late a few times. Book it for an earlier time than you actually need, just in case.
- the room layout was weird with the bathroom sort of open plan straight as you walked in the room, with a sliding door into the toilet area and shower. Odd but not an issue as such.
- bathroom amenities were very reduced: small soap, shower gel and tiny body cream. No shampoo at all, this you can buy from the lobby at ridiculously high prices, and only in 'packs' (so if all you need is shampoo, you still have to buy a pack that includes other things that are of no use).
- breakfast is a bit of strange affair in the lobby and not included in the room price
- the room was clean and made every day (some reviewers here mention the eco option, I found nothing in our room referring to it). One day it was sort of half made though, with some of the pillows left piled up on the floor
- talking of pillows, they included a pair of completely useless bolster type things. No good for propping up when reading or watching TV, not good for sleeping on either
- TV was ok, I mean it was a big TV with good reception and plenty of channels.
- the bed was comfortable enough but nothing special, pillows as noted above
- the in room coffee was very nice and we got free bottled water every day
- location is good in that you can access various shops and restaurants without needing a car

Altogether, there is nothing really wrong with this place, but I couldn't say there is anything really right either. It seems they try too hard being trendy (and don't even achieve that, by the way!) and in the process forget about what guests would actually want from a good hotel (= quiet, comfort, basic toiletries). So in terms of value for money, it's not a good deal.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
AloftFriscoGenMgr, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback we really appreciate your honest review. You mentioned many different aspects/ amenities that aloft provides and cited specific details which is invaluable for future guests.

A few details that you had not mentioned or critiqued was our cook to order morning breakfast and our full service Wxyz bar, these are a huge draw and promote aloft's social goal which encourages guests to mix and mingle throughout the day.

Aloft is not for everyone and the design is atypical, so future guests and those reading our reviews feel free to try out the latest twist in travel!
Tulsa OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

To start off with, I need to tell you the beginning, my family was going to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with my sister-in-law who lives in Frisco TX so we needed to book something closeby for two nights. I mistakenly booked a prepaid room at Aloft Plano so I called five minutes after I noticed my mistake and spoke to Gail at the Plano location, she said "no problem" we could cancel the room in Plano and book the Frisco over the phone. So I asked her "are you sure it can be canceled because I don't want to book the Frisco location and have two rooms." She said billing would contact me and confirm the cancelation of the first room and I would only be charged for the two night stay at Aloft Frisco. Great !!! She was very friendly and helpful, about ten hours later at 11pm someone called and left a voicemail on my cell phone stating the prepaid reservation for Plano could not be canceled and I would be billed the entire amount for two nights........what !!!! So now I had two nights for two adults and a child at two different locations, I realize the first prepaid booking was my mistake and I take full responsibility for that but if I couldn't have canceled Plano I would not have booked Frisco, we would have just stayed in Plano. I called and asked to speak to Veronica a manager, left my name and number with the front desk and no call. I did however receive an email stating the issue had been resolved, but here it is Dec. 2nd and I have not received a credit to my bank account. So for the actual room we stayed in, more like an upscale Motel 8 with cheap furnishings, the carpets were dirty, the tile grout in the shower was stayed and soiled. It looked like one wall of the room, which was carpeted, was installed by a class of kindergarten kids. The sliding door to the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the hotel opened, we did bring a pet and were never offered the complimentary dog treats or other items they advertise. Just not a good experience from day one, I would never stay at any Aloft Hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else !!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We at the hotel are frustrated to here that you experienced so many difficulties.

Your reservation/ billing issues cannot be rectified at our hotel as those issues occurred at another hotel. I will follow up with the Aloft Plano to ensure that your billing has been thoroughly researched and that you receive the attention needed in respect to your reservation. As far as the issues experienced at our property, as they relate to cleanliness issues we will address those with the appropriate staff so as to prevent another issue like this occurring in the future.

On behalf of both hotels, I would like to apologize and would very much like for you to communicate directly with us should you have any additional details that you can think of that would assist us in our constant effort to perfect guest satisfaction.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Aloft in Frisco due to business travel. It is now one of my favorite hotels due to various reasons. The staff was very friendly throughout my stay. The room was very clean and tidy which is a huge plus for me. Only downfall for me was all the retail nearby, fun to shop but bad for my wallet ;) Very fun place overall.

• Stayed October 2013
AloftFriscoGenMgr, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for the honest comments and feedback. Everyone at the hotel closely monitors these reviews and we take all comments constructively as they are an opportunity to improve.

Thank you again and Happy Holidays!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is in a great place. It's right next to Stonebriar mall. And there's all sorts of shopping and restaurants you can go to. We are very familiar with the area, but we really enjoy going over there for weekend getaway.

The staff at check-in was friendly but not ready to help. They need some training on hospitality and service from some of the other Starwood hotels. They were just a bit too casual and not responsive. As a matter of fact, one person at the desk, the only person at the desk, ignored us for a couple of minutes while we were standing right in front of her.

Still, I would go back. I wasn't a fan of the bed. My back is a little sore, but it wasn't all the bed. I didn't think the hotel was too loud. We did hear some things, but it wasn't like the walls were paper thin.

I really liked the modern feel. We stayed at another hotel in the area that was a more urban/industrial loft-styled aesthetic. It was much louder and a lot less comfortable. The design and layout at aloft was much nicer. I like that the bed is in the center of the room and not up against a neighboring or exterior wall. We liked the media center too. I had my laptop and an HDMI cable that let us watch Netflix on the TV.

We also really liked that the hotel was green oriented. They have recycle bins in the room, and if you elect to skip cleaning services, you will get $5 vouchers to use in the bar or snack area.

All in all, I really enjoyed it and would go back

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftFriscoGenMgr, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Everyone at the hotel is happy to hear that your overall experience was positive and that you will be back to see us in the future!

Thank you for staying with us!

Been to Aloft Frisco? Share your experiences!