“Perfect Bachelorette Weekend Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hoffman Haus

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hoffman Haus
You added Hoffman Haus to your Saves list
608 East Creek Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Ranked #6 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Perfect Bachelorette Weekend Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I spent last weekend with 13 of my friends at the Hoffman Haus for my Bachelorette weekend. The place was phenomenal. The set-up and layout were perfect for our group. Everyone enjoyed hanging out on the porch as guests trickled into town. Every room was so cute and unique. The breakfasts were of the quality you would pay for at a restaurant. On the 2nd night some of us moved into the Farmhouse (wasn't available Friday night). It was a perfect communal spot for the whole group as it has a large kitchen, dining room, living room and front porch. All weekend long many girls kept commenting on how they couldn't wait to bring their husbands back to HH. I don't even want to think about what my bachelorette party experience would have been like somewhere else as the Hoffman Haus was PERFECT! Not a single complaint in any way possible. Surpassed all expectations. Great rooms, beautiful setting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hoffman Haus is a wonderful, wonderful B&B! This past weekend a group of 14 women gathered to celebrate the upcoming marriage of one of our closest friends and we had the most lovely time and much of that is due to HH. The staff was over the top wonderful and gracious. They allowed me to use the porch of the main hall as a welcome and staging area. They printed off maps and highlighted guest rooms. They met every need, including a gluten free breakfast. The offered to bring breakfast to the Farm House on our last morning there to gather as a group for departing brunch, we took them up on the offer and 4 ladies arrived at the door at 9am with basket after basket of yummy goodies. I really can't say enough about the gracious staff (thanks Flora!). We had a wonderful time and I will be back (with the girls for another girls weekend and with the hubby for a romatic getaway)!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I took my fiancee to Fredericksburg as a birthday get-away. Heard about the Hoffman Haus so decided to stay there. It was fantastic. Clean rooms, friendly staff, clean grounds and a great setting. They said breakfast would be served at 9am and at 8:59am they put a delicious breakfast by our front door in a picnic basket. We ate our breakfast on the covered patio. We chose a smaller room because of the patio, but it still had a room with a little refrigerator, microwave and full size coffee pot. All this plus being close to town is a no brainer if you are looking for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet. Our room was right as you come in the driveway and was small but that is what w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent one night at Hoffman Haus and I wished we had more! I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels and I have never stayed at a B&B. I looked at tons of photos online and Hoffman Haus was the only B&B that looked modern and acceptable to my taste. I did not disappoint. The rooms are extremely clean and decor is great. Bed was comfy and morning breakfast delivered to your door in a basket was excellent. Sausage was on the menu and when we checked in the night before, my husband told them he loved bacon and they said they would add it to our reservation. The next morning, we got sausage and bacon! Pretty cool they remembered. Shower and bathroom was nice, good quality towels and great back porch to eat breakfast in the morning. We stayed in the Indian Paintbrush room and I was very pleased with everything. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

Stayed May 2013
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hoffman Haus for our 5 year anniversary. I have always wanted to stay at a B&B, but being a professional interior designer, I just cannot get past the "outdated country floral" decor most B&B's offer. Hoffman Haus is designed beautifully! We loved having our own cabin complete with rocking chairs on the front porch. Finishes were tonal creams and natural finished wood, so the grain was really the pattern in the room. Hardware was very substantial as well, not the cheap contractor grade that is often found in in some hotels. The cottage was visually and physically soothing. We felt very comfortable and at home.

The breakfast was absolutely delicious each morning and the two very friendly Hoffman Haus cats knew exactly what time it was served! We were also surprised with delicious chocolate dipped strawberries in honor of our anniversary. This was a wonderful experience and the question is not IF we will come back, but WHEN!

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool, but we are not swimmers so that was perfectly fine! There are many lakes...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tehachapi, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I visited for my nephew's wedding. The property is overall attractive and well-kept. I appreciated that it was only a couple of blocks to walk to restaurants and shops. I did not appreciate the poor internet performance - even my hotspot was having trouble connecting on the grounds!

Room Tip: Not particularly disabled friendly. My mother had difficulty with access around the grounds using a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Leslie W, Owner at Hoffman Haus, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we appreciate your feedback. We are currently updating our wi-fi to better serve our guests and will be switching to a more reliable internet provider. Unfortunately some of our older buildings are not as accessible to those with special needs as we would like. Our new construction however was designed to accommodate those guests who need handicap access. As you have suggested, do call ahead and let our staff know if that is a concern, we will be happy to help in any way we can.

Leslie Washburne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This lovely B&B is located on a residential street just one block off Main Street. It offers several styles of elegant standalone cabins, and small buildings with a couple of units in each.

Check-in was pleasant, easy and personal. We were taken to our cabin by the clerk, and the grounds and amenities in the cabin were explained in detail.

Breakfast is delivered to each unit at 9:00am ... the first morning we had scones, scrambled eggs, two sausage links, and fresh strawberries. The second morning we had ham/egg quiche, scones, two sausage patties, and a fruit cup with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, oranges, and grapes. The breakfast was high quality, and filling!

There is also complimentary orange juice, apple juice and cranberry juice in the mini-fridg in the room. A microwave and coffee maker are also provided.

WiFi was fast and consistent, and the TV had a large variety of channels. The room also had a DVD player, and a large DVD library is available in the main building.

We were totally pleased, and will definitely be staying at Hoffman Haus during a return trip to Fredericksburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hoffman Haus? Share your experiences!