“Suite 205 was better than fine.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Main Street B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Main Street B & B
You added Main Street B & B to your Saves list
337 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Ranked #30 of 84 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Texas
“Suite 205 was better than fine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in quite a few B&Bs over the years. You have to expect some quirks in these places. The buildings that house many B&Bs, including the Main Street B&B, have been around a long, long time; long before master planned mega hotels with their cookie cutter rooms, sprawling parking lots and sparkling pools. So when I hear someone bash a place like this for not having good parking (and other silly, shallow things that the "hilton" crowd complains about) I can't help but roll my eyes. What are they supposed to do? Knock down a half dozen equally historic buildings so they can pave a parking lot around themselves? Stay on the beaten path. I really could go on but I will get off my soapbox. If you are reading this, considering a stay in this B&B or any other, please have an open mind. These places are unlike hotel/motels in many wonderful ways.

So...about Suite 205. We loved it. We stayed at the Main Street B&B December 2007. We are planning a stay at a hill country B&B this April and I realized I never gave this place its well-deserved review.

Suite 205 has a cute sitting area, dining/kitchen area, bedroom and bath. The limestone walls and wood are so beautiful. There are small round holes in the limestone where beams must have been from a bygone era of its architecture. Looks neat. The sitting area is comfy. The bed frame is old so its a bit noisy, but again, B&Bs are about character not silent beds. The bathroom is gorgeous and the large jetted tub was a treat for my aching, pregnant body. There is no shower, but I for one did not care, the tub more than made up for it.

Our room was completely clean. Breakfast was delivered to our room every morning. It was great. Each morning there were several food items (large breakfast burritos, fruit etc), coffee, juice and water.

Check-in and check-out was smooth.

It was a romantic room with plenty of space. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was lucky enough to get a room at the Main Street B&B late one night after leaving disappointed from the previous place I'd booked at. The price was very reasonable for the property. I stayed in the back house behind Main Street, upstairs on the left. My room had a huge bathroom with open shower and whirlpool bathtub (the jets weren't functioning, so I got $20 off my room rate). The bed was outstandingly comfortable, the place was incredibly clean, and breakfast was served plated downstairs in the dining room at 9 AM for me to come down in my pj's and pick up. The food was delicious and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. The staff was delightful and made me feel at home.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed in room 2 and rented the Abble House. Room 2 was very comfortable. Some street noise but thankfully traffic was light. Abble house beds were also very comfortable, one of the guests had to write down the name of the pillow top because she wanted to get one for her bed at home. Both the room and house were well decorated and had a cozy feel. Breakfast was huge and delicious. All staff were friendly and attentive. Loved the pool. Only con's: Fold out couch in Abble house, guest sleeping on it said it was the worst. A few housekeeping details were missing, no soap in the bathroom, coffee was out. We would stay here again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed in room 201 and it was perfect - great price & great location. The room was nice, there was wireless internet access, and we had a good, filling breakfast every morning. Main Street is Hwy 290, and the road noise is loud, but we were right on Main Street where all the shops are located. We were able to leave our car parked and walk up and down Main Street during our visit. The only time we used our car was to visit the local wineries. The pool was fine and we enjoyed lounging around it in the evening. I would have to say that with the money we saved on the lodging and breakfast that we were able to spend more in Fredericksburg and still have our vacation stay on budget. We would definitely come back to Main Street B& B.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Facilities are old. Patio furniture rusty. Being off Main Street, very noisy from traffic.

We stayed in Room 204 (or Room 4 as they call it). It was $200 for a one-room plus bathroom. No shower. No closet. No place to hang clothes. Smelled musty.

Check in was a pain. Takes too long.

Don't bother!!

Room Tip: Don't pick 204; no service to speak of.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
mainstbb, Manager at Main Street B & B, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
We had a wedding group that occupied a number of our rooms. The bride selected each room for each guest. This room was NOT reserved BY THE GUEST, the bride made the room request and reservation for her guests. The problem with check-in is she must have been unaware of the check-in time of 3pm since she did not make the reservation, she arrived to check-in at 12:45 and she was available to check-in with-in five minutes of arriving (being rented the night before we had to check to make sure it was ready as the housekeepers do not expect check-ins before 3pm) it clearly states the amenities on the web site as a one room Suite with king size bed private bath with two person whirlpool tub/handheld shower Breakfast bar with microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and coffee. Full breakfast delivered up to your suite between 8-9a.m. Pool in patio for all guests enjoyment nestled on Main Street amongst the shops and restaurants. Our building was built in the mid 1800's and is an old rock building, our rooms and suites however are newly remodeled and the bed and mattress in this particular room is only 2 months old. Her rate was $179 plus tax she had a king bed dining table with chairs microwave, refrigerator, coffee, coffee maker and condiments, large two person jaccuzzi tub with handheld shower bath products hair dryer full breakfast delivered to her suite, private off street parking in the heart of Fredericksburgs Historical District and special request for early check-in at 12:45 was allowed. It doesn't have a closet, but does have a hanger with four hooks for hanging clothes and a luggage rack for suite case. Not sure what service she was looking for as our office is located on the first floor, the suite on the second. She checked-in at 12:45 and we were in the office until 6pm and she never came down to discuss any problems or services she needed with the room as we do have suites with tub/shower and closets that we could have moved her if the tub and closet were a problem. When she check-out she did not express any problems to the desk clerk on Saturday. This is truely a failure of communication between the bride and her guest.
Shawnee, Ok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We were excited about being on "Main Street" at a cool bed and breakfast and drinking wine out on the deck overlooking Main Street, but when we go there reality set in and we were on a major truck route and it was so loud we could not hear each other talk out on the deck. We were very disappointed but even worse, the traffic went on ALL NIGHT LONG and none of us sleep a wink. Never again! I do not recommend this place!!!!

Room Tip: stay off Main Street
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Harker Heights, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

OMG! After you park in the ally & carry your luggage up the stairs the door knob is just hanging there. First the smell of mold, then you see the dirty kitchen floor and carpet, then the toilet plunger in the tiny bathroom. It looked like blood had dripped from the ceiling and dried on the rock wall. The kitchen area ( that was not pictured on line) looked like it was from 1960. There is only enough room to move around the bed. The bed creeks everytime you move. The lights on the fire detectors were not on, did they work? I laid in bed listening to the loud refrigerator and the traffic on the street zooming by, can it get worse? Oh yes, the live band next door started up. There was no phone or phone book in the room to call to complain. We never saw another person after we checked in at 3 pm. The pool area was just gross. The balcony average. Lucky for me I remembered 1 800 hampton and called and booked a perfect room for $163 down the street at the Hampton Inn. My mother had her bags packed before I finished making the reservation. What a great way for my mom to spend her 64th birthday. They were not surprised the next morning when I told we did not even sleep there. She just said " I wished you would have called down so we could have moved you." With what phone? Where will you move me? To another room in the Bates Motel? Will Norman be bringing breakfast up in the morning? I think his mother in room 208, that's the smell. $99 for Main Street B&B plus $163 for Hampton Inn = Never going back to Fredericksburg again.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Main Street B & B? Share your experiences!