“Wonderful place for a large group!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Barons CreekSide to your Saves list
Barons CreekSide
2.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   316 Goehmann Ln, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful place for a large group!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here with a large group of our friends (about 20 of us) a few months ago. We all came in from around TX (Dallas, Austin and Houston) to stay for the weekend. We rented out multiple cabins for the group- each was very unique and quaint. I disagree with the review that said there was no distincitive qualities to this place. Each cabin has authentic swiss antiques, windows and even logs from swiss homes. All of this was brought over by the owner from his native Switzerland. There is a beautiful stream that runs through the property that you can see from almost every cabin. The owner, Daniel, was a wonderful and relaxed host. He frequently came by to check if we needed anything- chatted with us about how the Barons Creekside came about and gave us wonderful recommendations for the weekend. The location is wonderful- just behind Main Street and a short drive to shopping, food and vinyards. All-in-all, it was a wonderful place for us to all get together. I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Our trip was a 50th wedding anniversary gift from our son& daughter in law and granddaughter and and husband. We could not have gone anywhere lovelier! The quaint settings so close to town, the atmosphere, and accommodations were perfect!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Belleair Bluffs, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

We had a our first family reunion and Baron's Creekside, and it was perfect. It is for all ages!! From the romantic swiss inspired cabins to the firepit, secret fishing hole and the wonderful creek running through the center of the property that all cabins back up to. It was perfect!!!! Daniel the owner is on site everyday to make sure your stay is 5Star. He just couldn't do enough for our family. By the way thanks so much Daniel!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

My wife and I stumbled across Barons CreekSide a few years ago when another guesthouse in Fredericksburg was booked... Now, we will never stay any place but the Swiss cabins. We visit at least twice a year, especially for special occasions. This place is beautiful and peaceful, and Daniel (the owner) is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. The well appointed cabins along the creek make you feel you're a million miles away, but you're just up the road from Main Street. If you visit Barons CreekSide, be sure to meet Punky--he's the friendly pet duck that will eat right from your hand.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Gardendale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

From the moment we walked in to our cabin, I was in heaven. Daniel, paid attention to all the details of the cabin. I sat mostly outside in the rocker and drank my coffee from early morning till around noon, everyday. I sat and listened to nature and watched as the hummingbirds and butterflies flew by.
If you want a relaxing and carefree getaway, stay at Barron's Creekside. You will never want to leave!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed the weekend at Baron's Creekside Resort after he returned from a deployment in Afghanistan. We just needed to reconnect and relax. It was the best decision. It was quiet and so relaxing and the scenery was absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for some time off so we can plan our next trip there. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who just wants peace and relaxation.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Newberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

This was my third stay at Baron's CreekSide with my sister. From the minute we arrived until the day we left, Daniel (the owner) and his staff (hi, Helga) were always responsive to our needs. The cabins are lovely and so well decorated with antiques and Swiss touches. The stream and waterfall add such a peaceful ambiance to the pastoral setting. From strolling the grounds to sitting on the front porch in our rockers or at the stream feeding the ducks, we felt such peace and laziness. Even though Fredericksburg is just a short distance away, you feel like you are way out in the country secluded from civilization. Daniel will show you the swimming hole and tell you where to go fishing. Just ask! If you're lucky, and awake, you can watch the deer grazing in the wee morning hours. We have stayed in cabins with full kitchen facilities and those with only a mini-fridge and microwave, and we loved both. We even had a jacuzzi in one. The beds are very comfortable, and the fireplaces are nice. Even have TV and music if you just have to have your technology fix. My sister and I even painted one of Daniel's life-size fiberglass cows. She is the yellow one named Maggie Moo. We loved the shopping and the entertainment in town. Everyone is so nice. You must visit the vineyards and wineries and drive the Willow Loop. Then head back to your cabin to unwind, have a glass of that wine, grill a steak, and sit back and relax. If peace and quiet are what you need, this is the place to go. Daniel is a very educated, savvy businessman from Switzerland, who made his dream of becoming a Texas cowboy come true. I feel that my sister and I have truly found a friend in Daniel and look forward to many more visits over the years. We truly love this place. It is a little piece of heaven in the country.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Barons CreekSide? Share your experiences!