“Very Nice Al Fresco Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Katy, Texas
“Very Nice Al Fresco Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We sat outside for dinner next to the fountain. Shared the beet slad wife my wife and it was good. My wife had the salmon which was very good, you could taste the freshness which is not usually the case with salmon. My daughter and I each had the strip steak with fingerling potatoes. The manager came over to advise they overcooked our steaks and they have been refired. I thought that was odd but better they noticed it before we cut into them. Bothe steaks came out a short time later and were properly cooked. Before dinner cocktails were good as was the Garnacha we ordered. They have a good wine list that has many fairly priced choices.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Went here for our anniversary. Very limited menu was the biggest issue we had. Atmosphere was very nice. Service was slow and we weren't there at a peak time.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“So close”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The atmosphere is great, the service was good, but I was expecting more from the food. I was hoping to see bison on the menu and I did, unfortunately it was on the outline of one on the front of the menu. Steaks were all very good. Sides are hit or miss.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Run for the hills!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Where to begin...
Our credit card was charged twice (495 +495 = $990)
Delicious salmon around the edges...the middle was completely raw.
Sangria tasted like carbonated kool-aide.
5 people ordered steaks and they were all tough and all were overdone.
Steaks were ordered with fries and all were served with grits.
They ran out of 2 dinner entrees (one being chicken); there is only a choice of maybe 7 to choose from.
There is a sticker on the menu that reads, "dinner make take up to 2 hours to be serves" it did!

Horrendous experience...no comps and no offer of free dessert.

Do NOT go here!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas, United States
“over priced, mediocre at best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I am going to start by saying that we had very high expectations for this restaurant due to it's rating on Yelp. After our experience there, it seems like this restaurant only wants to cater to certain parties.

My friend made reservations for a group of 8 of us for a nice dinner to celebrate our friend's bachelorette weekend. She called for a table a month in advance and was told that they only had patio seating available. We were told the day before that they would try their hardest to get us inside.

That evening, we arrived at the restaurant and were told that the only seating available was outside. My friend asked the hostess how far in advance we would have needed to make a reservation to be seated inside. With an attitude, the hostess replied "uh..like a week". She also claimed that my friend had requested the patio. She had a similar conversation with the manager; he shared the hostess' attitude.

We had to wait half an hour for our table and also saw a similar sized group of women get seated inside before we did. They made their reservation two weeks ahead, yet their were afforded the table inside.

Though the patio was heated and covered, we still had to walk in the rain to get out to the patio. The heaters really could only do so much, and the rain was so loud on the tent that it was hard to hear the conversation.

Our waiter was not briefed on the situation and to be honest, the poor customer service and attitude of the hostess and manager, combined with being on the patio after walking in the rain put a huge damper on our night. Since the waiter was not made aware of the situation until later, by one of our own party, he really did nothing to win us back over or make the night more enjoyable. It took about half an hour to get our food. I ordered a dish with 4 shrimp; I got 3...2 came out about 10 minutes later. My food wasn't all that bad, but then again, I decided to order off the sides and salads because the entrees on the menu were not anything I was interested in that night. Of my friends who ordered entrees, maybe one of them enjoyed it. The food was mediocre at best, way overpriced, and not cooked well at all.

We were not offered dessert and were rushed out with our checks at the end. We spent in total, over $300 plus wine and tip. We did not skimp, but they certainly did.

When we got up to leave, we noticed that a waiter was bringing a cake with a candle out for a celebration. We had a celebration too, that they were certainly aware of, but we weren't even offered a desert menu, let alone a free slice of cake.

We took this up with the hostess as the manager seemed to have disappeared for the night (he did check on us once and pushed a heater over that we did not want). We explained that most restaurants would apologize for the terrible attitude, service, or inconvenience. Instead, she kept her attitude and got very defensive. They've survived in Fredericksburg because they are advertised as this five star restaurant in small town Texas. They wouldn't last a day in a real city and I am sorry that we spent our time and money on their services.

Take this one off of your list. It's so not worth it.

• Visited March 2014