“Quirky Fun With a Can't Miss Dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock
You added Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock to your Saves list
300 Trois Lane, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Ranked #32 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
“Quirky Fun With a Can't Miss Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trois Estate last night. We rented the Bridal Suite, which included a king sized bed, wood burning fireplace, and an in-room jacuzzi tub.

The estate is located near Enchanted Rock, which is a 400 foot tall monolith. The scenery is absolutely beautiful and the estate is set up like an Old West Mexican village. It includes guest rooms, a courtyard, dining room, chapel, grotto with indoor pool, day spa, and a cap gun museum. This is definitely not your average hotel.

The highlight of our stay was dinner. This is an option for guests; there are many restaurants in nearby Fredericksburg. We recommend the estate's dinner, though. It is a five course gastronomical delight for $55 per person. We were treated to bruschetta (this was because of my shellfish allergy-the other guests had mussels in a burre blanc sauce), cream of asparagus soup, spinach salad with blackberry vinaigrette and feta cheese, duck breast with mashed potatoes/butternut squash(amazing), and creme brûlée. Chef Elvis is an artist! We heard stories about his French toast that will have us headed back before too long.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Great place. Wanted a romantic get away for my wife's birthday. And luckily, I found it. Service was great. Staff was awesome! Everyone was very professional. Dinner and the breakfast were great. My wife and I loved the scenery, the room we were in,very comfortable and enjoyed it very much. We are ready to return for our 21st wedding anniversary in June. Nice meeting Rebecca Trois. Very nice and pleasant.

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

After reading about Trois Estate a couple of years ago my wife and I have been wanting to go and spend some time there. We have just returned from a two night stay at the estate's bed and breakfast and were more than pleased with the whole experience. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Rebecca Trois was very gracious and personnally gave us a tour of the facilities. Breakfast each morning was a treat. Prepared by Chef Leo, the food was prepared to excellance.

On weeknights the restaurant is closed except for those B&B guests that wish to eat there. We did this one evening. We were served one of the best meals we have ever eaten. The five course meal was prepared and served by Chef Leo who also explained each course.

Although rustic, we were pampered and every need was met. We plan to return soon with friends and family.

Room Tip: Some rooms have only a shower. check room information online if you want a tub.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I had a wonderful stay at the bed and breakfast. Excellent staff, beautiful views, like it's own quiet little community. Great for a weekend get away! We ended up booking our wedding there, but we received great service and treatment by all the staff even before we had booked it. We can't wait for our special day at such a romantic get away.

• Stayed December 2012
Austin Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Located 16 miles from Fredricksburg this rustic bed and breakfast is so secluded and quite you would think you are are in an adobe villa in another country.
The breakfast was awesome and the view I
Of enchanted rock was great.

Athens, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The visit to this estate prompted me to register my first ever review of a restaurant. I visited the restaurant with 5 friends during a trip to Fredricksburg. We chose to eat at the restaurant after much research. Unfortunately it was the worst decision that we made.

When trying to find the estate the evening of our reservations we had a great deal of difficulty.. The entrance had no lighting making it almost impossible to find. After driving up a winding road we passed through a maze of adobe type buildings. We found one sign pointing us to the restaurant. We finally found an area to park...but no restaurant to be found. We even resorted to yelling hello hoping to find someone to lead us to where we should be. Very creepy and alone..

We were the only people dining in the restaurant. As soon as we were seated a very drunk, loud woman came out of the kitchen She came up to our table screeching about how to work her iPod...then stuck the earpod into my ear!! She was yelling about the BeeGees..the waiter shooed her back into the kitchen. He told me when I asked that she was the owner's daughter. The meal was merely passable at best. All during the meal the drunk lady would weave in and out dancing and weaving. The waiters constantly dropped dishes. This was the most unprofessional place I have EVER visited...ever.

When we finally gathered our belongings to leave a dog wandered out of the kitchen. We all stood there in disbelief.

We even had a difficult time leaving..got lost on the grounds.. ended up behind the restaurant where we found thousands... thousands.. of wine bottles. Luckily, the chef and waiter were sitting outside and told us how to get down off the estate.

This was the weirdest, most disconcerting place I have ever visited. ....

DON'T GO....!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This review is for the restaurant at Trois Estate. Most folks in Fredericksburg don't know that Trois Estate serves a great brunch, after the B and B folks have had breakfast and checked out. I've had brunch here several times, and each time it has been magnificent. The last two times, there have only been two parties present. The chef is the only one working the restaurant, and he is very friendly and accomodating. He happily answers any questions, and will do "special requests." I can't say enough good things about brunch at Trois Estate. I like having the individual attention that a small, small crowd allows. And, if that's not enough, the brunch is reasonably priced.

I've had a tour of the B and B, and it does seem to be a bit pricey. I've never stayed, so I can't speak to the service or what it's like to stay there. I do know that touring the rooms, they don't seem to be what I'd expect for $200+ per night. However, the location is amazing, with increaible views of Enchanted Rock.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Trois Estate at Enchanted Rock? Share your experiences!