“PERFECT!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abilene, Texas
“PERFECT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

first the hotel was very accomodating to our every need, we held a convention for 4 days and all being centrally located was spectacular. the staff at the hotel, provided us with exceptional service and friendliness. everyone on their staff was willing to help whenever needed. They made the entire event planning from beginning to end very easy, with all the rooms being suites, their meeting spaces are great in size for what we needed. Set up for the convention was fantastic (kuddos to Jerry and Josh) basically our every need was met. the guests like the convenience of the conference center being on the property, I only heard great things about the hot breakfast every morning. Their spa on site is great, we were able to confort the traveling guests of our members to a truly wonderful experience. Thank you to Jerry, Kammie, Josh, and Megan and several others that made our convention successful. We are planning on scheduling the convention at this hotel and city again in the upcoming years!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Lgutierrez, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we all try so hard to make all of our guests
stays as memorable as possible . Your comments will make the day of everyone on staff especially
Josh,Jerry,Kammie and Megan (yes they are fantastic) and of course the ladies at the Spa . I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to having the opportunity to
host your conference again , by the way it goes both ways your group was fantastic to work with
and it was a pleasure to be at your service.

thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
San Angelo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I don't know who the architect, landscape artist was, but they need a lesson on several things. First of all you do not put the hotel on one level and the meeting rooms on a straight up incline, I mean straight up at least 20-30 feet. Yes, I asked about what their
plans were, and they said they were getting golf carts, well that is gonna be a sight to see because, if the driver does not know what they are doing, they will topple over.
My colleague, had back surgery, and they had to rest for two days after climing up that darn hill for two days. We will never stay there again. Plus when I called ahead of time to check my reservations, I asked the girl to speak up and slower, and she hung up on me, that would have been on 2-23-11.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Lgutierrez, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Dear San Angelo ,Texas

I was very upset to learn about you and your friends difficulties . Please first of all let me apologize for your friends difficulites and to you . It is obvious that your concern for your friend
and other individuals with handicaps prompted your review . We do understand that the hill can be difficult for some of our guests and are more than willing to help in any we can ,such as transporting guests up the hill in our vehicles as needed . Had we know in advance of your friends issue before your arrival we could have made arrangements to transport you and your friend up the hill as often as needed . We do this type of thing quite often especially with our World War ll vets . We are in the process of purchasing golf carts for this very reason . We strive in everyway we can to make sure that our guests have a wonderful stay with us especially those that might need a little extra TLC .
I also assure you I will look into the phone issue. We have a wonderful staff here and I assure
you that no one would have intentionally hung up on you. I apologize for this and will look into the
matter also .Thank for your comments and your concern
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

Not only does the image (picture) not look anything like the real thing, but rooms were extremely dirty. Jacuzzi tub had mold everywhere, very poorly maintained. Holes in the restroom walls were plugged with toilet paper. Linen was obvioulsy very old and worn.
Ice machine is actually a mini freezer, that did not work.
Rate would have been appropriate if the above were not an issue.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Lgutierrez, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
This guest has been contacted with no response. We stand by our product and by our service
at the Inn On Barons Creek. The comments in this guest review frankly mystify me . We are not
perfect but our rooms are not and never have been in this condition. We look forward to the
guest contacting us so that we can have the opportunity to discuss the matter and make things
right for the guest .
Decorah, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

Nothing wrong with this place....loved everything about it. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. The price is right and its very comfortable in every respect. The restaurants in this town are marvelous and the Nimitz Museum of the Pacific warfare is out of this world.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We try very hard to ensure that all our guests
have a wonderful stay . Your feedback is so appreciated and will be shared with all the hotel staff.
Fredericksburg, Texas and the Inn On Barons Creek are a match made in heaven and we look
forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed here on our first trip to Fredericksburg. The hotel was nice but not what I expected out of a four star. Breakfast was great....a variety of breakfast foods. The room was adequately, really nothing special..It was clean and the hotel staff was personable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Lgutierrez, General Manager at Inn on Barons Creek, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us . I can't believe how many people love our breakfast
I think it is the waffles,in any case thank your for the great feedback . We love the good and
even are grateful for the bad , if we don't know a problem is there we can't fix it .
Hope you are able to come and see us again soon and thank you for taking the time to go to
TripAdvisor to let us know how we are doing .

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I stay there on New Year 's Eve on 2010 at the creek side room #407. First impression of the room was pretty nice , roomy but very very damp , the air were not clean, which was very bad for me cause I have allergy!! The bathroom was kind of smelly ,cheap bathroom product!!! Once you turn on the shower the room became extremly damp !!! We had to open the door and windows to let the fresh air in. The ground was ok , no water inn the creek , the fountain were not working . The pool area was a very sorry one!!! Dirty towels were all over the ground!!! Very small pool ,nothing pretty or luxury about this pool!!!the lights in the pool was not even on at night for people who were swimming at that time.
The breakfast was horrible!!!!!!! powder scramble eggs , nasty biscuit and gravy!!! The waffel was out of order!!!! Cheap cereal , cheap coffee !!! No fruit or yogurt ,the sausage was worst than the worst dog food ,I would not reccomend anyone to eat their breakfast !!! Not even if you are desperate for food !!!!! Very disappointed!!!!! We paid $169 per night , so it was a waste of money!!! We will not stay there again , we normally stay at bed and breakfast so next month when we go back we will go back to bed and breakfast!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010
Your comments are of course upsetting , we pride ourselves for the level of service and the quality of the product that we provide. Let me address some of your comments specifically .
We can not control whether there is water in the creek. We had Bed Bath and Beyond bathroom
products and the owner felt the "Quality" was not good enough so we switched to a higher end product.Yes the pool is small no doubt about that part our our capital plan in 2011 is to enhance
the backyard this will not enlarge the pool itself,but will make it a nicer area. There were not lots dirty towels in the pool area , I was on property the days you were here and the was "one"towel in the area and it was removed once it was noticed .
The use of the pool is limited at night therefore we provide limited lighting in the area at night . The breakfast coffee is a local gourmet brand which frankly is very expense, I have tried to switch to
others like Starbucks and the guests were not happy ,so I switched back . I beg to differ the waffle
irons were not out of order that morning.You are correct we do not provide yogurt in the breakfast
area it is not a item most of our guests request. We do serve fruit in our breakfast area and guests love our breakfast and specifically love our biscuits & gravy and sausage. I am sorry that for whatever reason you obviously hated our breakfast .Your comments are a great concern, none of these issues/problems were voiced at checkout.Had you given us the opportunity to address your concerns at check-out we would have been happy to do so. Nevertheless we appreciate all feed back both good and bad. We are not perfect but we try very hard, had we been given the opportunity to "make things right" in some way we would have been happy to do so .
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

Hotel is clean and is located within walking distance to the main shopping area. Front desk staff is very nice and knowledgeable about places to see and area restaurants. Free breakfast is the typical fare. Had issues with their newly-opened spa: had good massage, but the mani/pedi was worst I ever had, and at a cost of $80, was also the most expensive I've ever had! Manager did not offer to refund the money, or even a portion of it; however, she did say I could have a free massage in the future. While this was a nice offer, who knows when/if I will ever be back there? Bottom line: STAY AWAY FROM THE SPA.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
I was made aware of your issues with the Spa and am also aware that the Spa Director reached out
to you to make it "right" . I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations in anyway . We are very
excited about our new Spa and it is a fantastic additon to the hotel . Like the hotel the Spa is very
focused on making sure that everyone has a fantastic service experience . If not we will make it right . Thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again both at the hotel
and at the Spa .

Been to Inn on Barons Creek? Share your experiences!