“Fresh and delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Amarillo, TX
“Fresh and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our evening at the Herb Farm. Our server was extremely polite and professional, and he really set the tone. Taylor, the executive chef, came out and visited with us and was so gracious and friendly. The lamb was delicious. This place was wonderful!

Visited July 2013

Kerrville, Texas
“Third visit disappointed us a bit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

On our two previous visits we really enjoyed our lunch here. This time it was not consistent. The tomato basil soup had too many other spices that overwhelmed the basil. The soup was good, but not great. One friend had the quiche of the day and said it was delicious. The other friend and I had the ham with warm brie on a croissant. The flavor of the sandwich was delicious. The croissant was flat and chewy. We had expected a fluffy and crisp croissant, so that was a disappointment. We all had lemon pie for dessert and that was excellent.

When we asked for the checks, we were told (a little abruptly) that they do not do separate checks. Huh? We have not been anywhere else in the area that refused this request. They said they would divide it by three. That was unacceptable because we all had different drinks and our bills were NOT the same. We all have different financial circumstances and order based on what we can afford.

The kicker was that the Bistro does not have a computer, and it is too much trouble for the servers to do separate checks. With the prices they charge and the volume of business they do, certainly they should be able to afford a computer to please guests and servers.

I doubt I will go back until this policy changes.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Great food! Best in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant on our anniversary. We are vegetarians and like to eat healthy food. In Fredericksburg and the surrounding area, where fried meats and other cholesterol-laden foods reign supreme, the Farm Haus Bistro is a true gem.

The setting is gorgeous. Romantic, quiet, peaceful. I had the Herb Farm Salad, and my husband had the Grilled Vegetable Spinach Wraps. We had freshly baked bread on the side, and I also enjoyed their Harvest Herb Tea (hibiscus, lemongrass, and raspberry leaves). Every aspect of this meal was divine.

After lunch, we enjoyed a stroll through the property. Everyone we met who worked at the farm was very pleasant and struck up a conversation with us. If we ever return to the area, we will definitely eat here!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great place for dinner in Fredericksburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here, and we were both impressed with the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. My wife had the grilled shrimp, which she found delightful. I ordered the french onion soup, along with the osso bucco. The soup was good, but not outstanding. The osso bucco, however, was one of the best entrees I've ever had; the meat was incredibly tender, cooked to perfection, and the veggies provided a nice counterpoint.

We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kerrville
“Light lunch in a garden setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband brought me to this unique, delightful place away from the busy downtown area for lunch. We ordered the jumbo shrimp and clams entrée. While the sauce was very tasty, the plate was piled with corkscrew noodles and had only three shrimp and about six clam shells on top of that (with very little of a clam inside two of those.) It was a bit pricey since the salad was separate. The house salad was refreshing with a lime zest dressing on greens. The service was excellent and it was pleasantly quiet and serene, sitting in a dining room full of windows with gardens all around. My husband decided it was a "ladies type place," which was evident by the fact he was the only man in there for awhile! He left hungry. I left wiser for the experience...probably won't return because it just was not a satisfying meal overall.

• Visited June 2013