“Help Wanted” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Washington, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“Help Wanted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

That's what I can start out by saying, "help wanted" or should I say " help needed". The hotel makeover guy really should pay this place a visit. He would have a "heyday" at this place. Upon arrival, I walked in and was "sized up" by the Director of Customer Relations. " size up" means to visually make look at someone and make an assumption about that person. It was clear she made a judgement on the spot, very clear to read her face. I explained who I was and she immediately told me there were no reservations under my name. Really? That's odd because I gave my card to hold this hotel room weeks ago. I went out to the car to the see if I printed out the confirmation number but I had not. Upon re-entry I explained that I know for a fact that I made a reservation. She once again told me sorry, no reservation. I double checked my car for the confirmation but could not find it. I walked in and looked at the history on my phone and guess what, I still had the call log. Hahahah. So I showed the (Director of Customer Relations) my phone and she said, well.....what's your phone number?. Really, she can magically find my reservation now?. Yep, she sure did, under a completely different name than I reserved......

Got that handled, and was able to go to my room. Here is where the other "really this place gets high ratings" thought came. There were VERY large spider webs in the corners of the rooms covered in dust, our sheet had a stain on it?., the toilet had "short and curlies" on it....all of this after waiting to get in after she said it was ready.....

Really seems that the Director of Customer Relations should really have her title examined by the owner.....

Anyway, 1 more night here and I'm out of here. Will NOT be recommending this place to anyone EVER. If I am asked about my stay, it will be an honest answer on my experience.

Sincerely.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our room was very clean and fairly quiet - some sounds from the adjacent rooms but that's expected. Bed was comfortable. The decor is not upscale, but we're fine with that as long as it's clean, and it was. We had a standard king room and it was very spacious, with a sofa, mini fridge and microwave. The view out the door was over a little creek and twice we saw deer. The hotel is about half a block from the main street, so easy walking distance from the shops and restaurants if you don't want to take your car up there.

The pools looked very nice and I would definitely come back with my kids in swimming weather.

The "continental breakfast" was no good for this gluten-free traveler, but I'm used to that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

As a whole, the hotel is average. The rooms are comfortable, but if you're on the ground floor you can pretty much hear all movement from the individuals in the room above you. You get what's termed a "full breakfast", but this is the typical heated metal food trays of scrambled eggs and bacon, the plastic cases of bagels, breads, and those small pastries you have to stick in the toaster, and the waffle makers you stick the batter in and flip upside-down to cook them. It is very convenient to Main St., where most visitors look forward to with all the overpriced little shops.

The worst experience we had staying at this hotel was dealing with the hotel staff at check-in. When we walked into the lobby, there were two individuals behind the couinter. One stopped answering the phones long enough to assist the couple in front of us, while this other gentlemen kept telling us "one moment" as he was sitting on multiple phone lines obviously making reservations for FUTURE guests. We had to stand there for 10 minutes until the women helping the other couple finally quit answering other phone calls of yet more potential guests. I had pre-paid for my hotel on an online travel site, and booked a room with a King bed. I heard that the couple just in front of us (which I ironically held the door open for so they could go ahead of us) received a King bed for their room. When she finally served us she said "I'm sorry, but we don't have any more rooms with King beds. All we have available are rooms with two queens." I informed her that I had booked a King online, and already paid for it. Her response was, "We don't guarantee room types when rooms are purchased online. We constantly overbook our hotel, so if you want to guarantee a certain room type, you should call us directly and book with us. Just remember that the next time you visit us." (Which apparently was the case because that's all they were doing on the phone the entire time.) I looked her straight in the eye and said, "There won't be a next time.." After we checked out, my wife accidentally forgot a pillow she brought with her to sleep with. While out on the town, she called the hotel and told them about the pillow. They told her they would hold it at the front desk, and just provide an ID to retrieve it. We stopped at the hotel on the way out of town, and it took my wife another 10 minutes just to retrieve her pillow BECAUSE THE STAFF WAS ON THE PHONE BOOKING FUTURE RESERVATIONS. So if you decide to stay at this hotel, be prepared to wait to get any service. Unless you politely rip the phone off the wall so they can't answer it while they are taking care of you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited Fredericksburg for a one day getaway. What a great little town if you like all things wine and beer and German food. The motel was very nice and pretty much what you would expect in terms of room quality - very basic. The best part was the outdoor pool and wood burning fireplace. The pool was heated which was perfect in January and the hotub was nice too. The hotel had Smores packages available to cook over the fireplace which was next to the pool. The breakfast was decent and they even had kolaches. Free soda fountain and cookies was a nice touch. I would go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here two years ago and returned because we love the location, just a block from Main St. The motel quality is not quite as good as before, the room seemed tired,but clean and bathrooms more worn than we remembered. The property as a whole appears not to be as well kept as it could be. We had some noisy neighbors, so our sleep was somewhat disturbed. The room did have a refrigerator and microwave, they have breakfast for guests and the location is still one of the best in town for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel was nice but not for the price. The cost was the same as the 5 star hotel room we stayed on the river walk in San Antonio, TX the night before. The hotel was close too the attractions in downtown Fredericksburg, though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Spent the weekend at Fredericksburg Inn. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Hot tub and heated pool were a major plus. We walked downtown on Saturday - only 1 block from the hotel and very easy to do. The staff upgraded us to a suite because they had inadvertently booked us into a 2 queen bed room instead of the king that we requested. The suite had a pull out sofa bed in the living area and a medium size TV. We had a microwave and a small refrigerator. We didn't use any of the kitchen equipment, but everything seemed to work. Parking was simple and easy. Other guests at the hotel were very nice and even though there were about 25 people at the pool/hot tub area at 11PM on a Saturday night, we couldn't hear them in our room (our room faced the pool area). Overall, a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fredericksburg Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!