“Okay, but you will not get to sleep well!!” 2 of 5 stars

Fredericksburg Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Washington, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Texas
“Okay, but you will not get to sleep well!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel was pretty on the outside, good location, but when they built this place they must have made the walls and ceiling paper thin!!! My friend and I go to fredericksburg every year and we usually stay at the Super 8 motel, or the Sunday House Inn & Suites. We mainly look for value since we only need a place to sleep and spend most of the day out shopping and hanging out. We decided to try something different and stay here, but will never do that again! The people staying above us would get up around 6 in the morning and I've never heard someone pace back and forth so much. We even called and complained to the front desk but they didn't offer much help. I know they couldn't really call the room and tell them to cut it out, but we weren't offered a different room since I believe they were completely booked, or a discount for our trouble, or anything. The 24 hour soda machine was nice too, but none of that made up for the fact they we didn't get any sleep during our stay. We always stay for 3 nights each year, so we were exhausted after not sleeping. The only thing that made us feel better is that we figured if they were going to wake us up in the morning, we would keep them at night, so after getting in late after going to the nightlife, we would bang on the ceiling and play the tv loud. Those walls are so thin, I know they could hear it if we could hear them, so I doubt they slept real well also. We will never go back to this place again! We have never had a problem at the Super 8 or Sunday House Inn and they are cheaper!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Graham, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Have stayed here many times, always enjoy the location for walking to downtown and the hot tub after a day of cycling. We arrived the day after Christmas and planned four days of cycling. Arrived in early evening, checked in, went to dinner. Came back to our room and heard a dog barking next door. First a small dog, then a much larger one. Turned out to be a Great Dane. The barking became almost non-stop. When I called to complain I was told that it was a "pet friendly" room and the occupants had paid their deposit. They told me that I COULD MOVE TO ANOTHER ROOM if I wanted to. Not a word was ever mentioned at check-in about "pet friendly" rooms. We only heard the barking for an hour before leaving, but the couple two rooms down said the dogs had been barking since 4PM, having been left alone. It was nearly 10 PM. The owner of the animals showed up as we were loading up to leave and we got into with him. I felt like this was shabby treatment. We always enjoyed staying there, but not again. We'll stay somewhere there are no dogs in the room next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

First off it is a basic motel, two stories, with outside entrances. But for that its very nice. The room was nothing special but nicely if simply decorated, and it was clean. There is not much of a lobby to speak of, just a check in desk, but staff was friendly & welcoming. The breakfast area is smaller then the pictures lead you believe but it was a decent free breakfast. The best parts of the hotel are the pool, courtyard area, very nicely landscaped with an outdoor fireplace & flatscreen tv to hang out by at night. Behind that is a nice small creek you can walk down to. Also the location is excellent. Barely one block off main street where everyone comes to go. It is very walkable & a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I strongly suggest requesting a second floor room with a view of the pool, its a beautiful area. Oth...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The pools were awesome and the hot tub was great on some tired muscles after a long day of riding. The price was great and the hotel is just off the main drag, about 2 minutes. The staff was friendly and answered all of our questions and then told us what we really wanted to see and do. They were spot on with their advice. The breakfast was good, I didn't start nor did I walk out bloated from eating to much. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I visited Fredericksburg many times. Most of the time we stay slightly out of town in a bed and breakfast. However we decided to visit on a whim one week and didn't want to go through a reservation service for a B&B last minute so we stayed and Fburg I&S. We arrived on a Monday and departed on Wednesday. This hotel was much cheaper (as are most there) during the week and because of this I feel like it was an extraordinary value. The pool and hot tub were gorgeous and clean. The rooms were updated and clean. The ONLY con to this hotel was that the bed was very hard. I loved the layout of the room, you aren't staring at the bathroom the whole time you are in the room. The front desk was amazingly helpful and you are only a short walk away from Main Street. I really loved staying at this hotel and will definitely revisit even at higher weekend prices.

Room Tip: We got a room facing the pool and it was beautiful. When we checked in they gave us a pick of their...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The place is literally walking distance from main st. The rooms are good but a little pricey since it is a basic motel type room. The linens were better and they did use bath and body works and starbucks for amenities. However, the ceiling was thin and we could hear every step they took so bring earplugs or ask for 2nd floor. The pool area is awesome and a great hot tub thats really hot. The breakfast was good and satisfying. I would stay here again and they allow dogs which is a plus.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Fredericksburg Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!