“Romance and Ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

2805 S State Hwy 16, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Lake Charles,La.
“Romance and Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

What a wonderful dining experience! The supurb wait staff, the romantic charged atmosphere and most of all...the fabulous food! Our only regret is that we passed up the chance to stay in the bed and breakfast cabins. Thank you for a delightful dining experience we will not soon forget. Judy and Randy
Lake Charles,La.

Texas
“Nice Hill Country Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

I went on a "girls trip" in January with a couple of my closest family favorites and we stayed at the Cabernet Grill B&B in Fredericksburg, Texas.

The restaurant was excellent. The manager took very good care of us and the food was absolutely fabulous!! It was the off season so no wait necessary and we had excellent service. Great wine selection too.

We stayed in one of the cabins on site. The cabins are beautiful and the grounds are really pretty and tranquil. The fire pit right outside of our room was a lot of fun and relaxing. They put the ingredients for smores in our room which was nice. The breakfast was not much to write home about but edible.

There were a couple of negatives however with our stay. The property is right on a busy FM road therefore there was some noise in the cabin we stayed but othing that the heater fan could not drown out.

The largest complaint I have on the cabin would be that there are no doors on any of the bathrooms in any of the cabins. This was a girls trip and we shared a cabin. Some privacy in that area would have been nice. I would even want that privacy with my husband of 15 years; not to mention a newly wed couple. A navajo rug will simply not do the trick; trust me. This would keep me from going back to stay at this property.

The Pecos room states that it will sleep 4 comfortably however this is false. I guess it depends on what you consider "comfortable". There is a pull out couch and a queen size bed. I can not imagine sharing a room that small with another couple.

The property is really beautiful; they have a really good thing going with this place (just need bathroom doors). I would recommend this to my friends and family with the warning of the bathroom situation. It obviously took me by surprise and completely off guard.

San Antonio, TX
“A Wonderful Surprise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Having never enjoyed the Cabernet Grill, we did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised by what we found. The decor and atmosphere are tasteful and soothing, the food was expertly prepared, and the service was outstanding. Our overall experience was more than we asked for to celebrate a special occassion.

fredericksburg
“GREAT Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

We first dined at the Cabernet Grill at the Sunday Brunch following the Food and Wine Fest on the last Saturday in October. It was such a great meal and experience we decieded to make dinner reservations for New Years Eve. The dining experience was just as great as the Sunday Brunch. The food, service, and ambience was absolutly wonderful. They have a great selection of local wines also. Both times Jackie (hope I am spelling this correctly!!) has taken care of us, and we will request her in the future. All in all, it is a GREAT place to dine. We have lived here for almost a year now and plan to return often. If you are visiting Fredericksburg or live here I would highly recommend it.

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Cabernet Grill--always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

My husband and I have eaten at the Cabernet Grill--we still call it the Cotton Gin--many, many times. It is ALWAYS good. We have never had a bad experience. The staff, the food, the atmosphere is rock solid every time. We have had lunch, romantic special occasion dinners, and even Thanksgiving dinner there. We are from the Dallas area so we know what good food is about! We highly recommend you visit the Cabernet Grill.

Scott and kk Taylor