“Unique and Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

2805 S State Hwy 16, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Humble, Texas
“Unique and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed on site at the B&B, so it was nice to just walk to dinner. The restaurant was beautiful, inside and out. I had a delicious wine flight along with my sesame shrimp. Everyone in my dinner party was pleased with their meal. Be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Houston, Texas, United States
“Excellent dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is probably the best place to eat in Fredricksberg right now. The atmosphere is quaint. The service is good (not awesome but certainly not bad).

I started with a pheasant and sausage chowder that was unique and incredibly tasty. My wife had the surf-n-turf which is a grilled fillet and coconut shrimp combo. The fillet was excellent - very heavily seasoned (which can be overpowering unless you like that kind of thing). The coconut shrimp was a unique combination of hot and sweet (we both really liked it). I tried the chicken-fried rib-eye topped with lobster and ancho-chili gravy. It was too crazy to pass up, and it was well worth it. The flavors all worked together perfectly.

We are not wine drinkers, but for those who are, the list is huge with many local selections. The deserts were good if not a little "average" after everything else.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“Great service, great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It planning to visit Fredericksburg and you enjoy fine dinning place this restaurant on your list. Their steaks are so succulent, reminded us of the steaks we had at Perry's Steakhouse in Houston. Our waitress made good recommendations and was very cordial and attentive. I ordered the rib-eye and my wife ordered petite type fillet which were cooked at a perfect medium. The restaurant can get a little busy so I'd recommend reservations for sure. I might add that they some really nice cabins on their grounds that serve as B & Bs. The outdoors area is really pretty as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“Superb Meal as Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is my absolute favorite restaurant. The food is always fresh and the chef offers a great menu. There were 6 in our party and everyone got something different and each person was totally satisfied with their meal. The inside of the restaurant is rustic and comfortable and the grounds are lovely on a warm evening.

Visited May 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Anniversary trip to Fredericksburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We made reservations. We enjoyed the great selection of Texas wines, the excellent seafood meal not to mention the scrumptious banana dessert after. We've eaten here once before and this time tried something different, every morsel was excellent. The surroundings are very beautiful and the staff is very attentive, excellent service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere