“Great meal, decent drinks” 4 of 5 stars

2805 S State Hwy 16, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Houston, Texas
“Great meal, decent drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner this past weekend. The service and food was great, and I understand that most people would order wine while dining here, but after doing tastings all day we wanted something different. Their mixed drinks are pricey and pretty weak, so just skip those if you don't want wine or something else.

We both had the special--steak with lobster filled oysters. The food was amazing and our steak was very tender. The restaurant is very romantic but is loud, and you definitely need a reservation. We also started with the goat cheese appetizer that was great.

All in all, it was a good experience and the best you'll find in Fredericksburg.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

League City, Texas
“Mediocre steak and overall experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were not that impressed with the Cabernet Grill. First, there is no bar. Really? You are one of the only fancy restaurants in WINE COUNTRY and you don't have a bar. Lame. Waiting was no fun.

I had an average filet mignon, which could have been seasoned better. It was, to be fair, cooked to a perfect medium rare. My husband had a bland fish. The portions were also incredibly small.

For what we spent, $130+, I was't blown away... And I should have been.

Meh.

Visited November 2013
Castroville, Texas
“Great Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We dined at the Cabernet Grill on Saturday Evening for my Daughter in law's birthday dinner. I must admit we did base our selection, in part on the reviews from Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The service and food were excellent. My husband had the buffalo enchiladas. They were outstanding. All the other meals were great also. I had the chocolate bread pudding for dessert !!WOW!
We will absolutely return!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richardson, Texas
“Worth several return visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I Dined at Cabernet Grill two years ago during a visit to Fredricksburg. We enjoyed the meals so much that we planned a special trip there to celebrate my birthday. Once again the meal was awesome. I had the special Strip Steak with Lobster while my wife had the stuffed shrimp. On the previous trip I had the pork dish which is what made me want to return. To anyone interested in a fabulous meal with impeccable service, the Cabernet Grill is hard to beat. We're already planning the next visit.

The only negative comment I have is the entrance to the restaurant, be careful of highway traffic.

Bon Appetit

SC and EC

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Park City, Kansas
“"Great Seafood"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is the 2nd time my wife & I have been here, & it was just as good as it was 2 years ago. I had the sesame seared Snapper, & my wife had their special, which was Redfish. Both entrees were exceptional. We haven't tried their steak, because we prefer seafood, & they offer great seafood. Of course we shared a bowl of their Pheasant & sausage gumbo, which is awesome!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere