“Good German restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 115 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, German, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: German Style Lodge featuring Schnitzel, Wursts, Spaetzle, Sauerkraut, Strudel and more. Also top-quality steaks, fresh salads, and delicious sandwiches. Texas-style Biergarten with over 80 different beers, live music, and pet-friendly.
Kerrville, Texas
“Good German restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

I actually liked this restaurant. It had some pretty good spatzle and wienerschniztle, well worth your time to check out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

I was surprised to see the bad reviews. I loved it! The food was good and the staff was very attentive although my meat was under cooked a little. They fixed it and I enjoyed my meal with my friends. They were not the fastest but they were helpful, but then again I don’t have a problem grabbing the first waiter I see!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great beer choices in a casual, outdoor setting - bad food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

We loved the great beer choices, as well as a few of the wine choices. We were a bit confused as to why the waiters wear dress shirts with (poorly tied) ties, while the hostesses wear t-shirts with the restaurant's logo. All of the staff should be in t-shirts for this type of establishment. The waiters looked misplaced and unhappy in their dress duds. Regardless of attire, the service staff was attentive and quite knowledgeable about the beer options. Any attempt at real German food was a complete bomb - this place is better for burgers and chicken fried steak. There was, however, a bit of a German twist involving potato skins, red cabbage, sauerkraut, cheese and a wicked honey dijon dipping sauce that was quite good. Overall, I'd come back for the beer, the potato skins, and possibly the American food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“They acted like we were invisible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

They seated us and then ignored us. They waited on everyone around us, but left us sitting there. We got up and left and they acted like they could not see us. Very strange.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naperville, Illinois
“Completely ignored and left”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We went to this restaurant upon the advice of the motel desk person when asked about good German food. This was a Monday night, about 8pm when we arrived. The place was more than half empty. We came in after parking in the back and waited to be seated. The bus child (looked to be about 12-14 yo) asked us if we wanted smoking or non and lead us to a table. And we sat looking at the menu. After about 15 minutes, when others had come in after us and were already served drinks and had their food order taken, I asked the bus kid if there was a server assigned to the table. I got a blank look, then panic. I told him that no one had been to our table and he said he would ask. I saw him talk to a grown up server person and they looked at us and the bus kid came back to say someone would be over to take care of us soon. At no time did a server even make eye contact with us. We left after 40 minutes.

We left our vehicle in their lot and went across the street to Der Lindenbaum and had a very nice meal. We went next door to Silver Creek where a blues group was playing outside and had a drink and enjoyed the music. I went back to Auslander to move my vehicle and there was a person behind the bar and a server talking. I asked if one of them were the manager. The person behind the bar said he was. I told him what happened. He was apologetic and said he wished he would have known about it. In my experience, managers walk through the dining room, sometimes to ask people if everything is ok, sometimes not. But had he walked through the dining room, he would have seen us sitting at a table with nothing over a long period of time and would have known something was not right. I did tell him that we were there as a result of a recommendation from our hotel and would be telling the hotel management about our experience. He again said he was sorry, but it was just really a disappointing experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere