“Great Service and Atmosphere, OK food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, German, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: German Style Lodge featuring Schnitzel, Wursts, Spaetzle, Sauerkraut, Strudel and more. Also top-quality steaks, fresh salads, and delicious sandwiches. Texas-style Biergarten with over 80 different beers, live music, and pet-friendly.
Austin, Texas
“Great Service and Atmosphere, OK food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to authentic German food, and although the jägershnitzel was ok, the sauerkraut was not what I was looking forward to. I would go here again, and order something different. The service was EXCELLENT, and the beer choices were good.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good authentic German food with a great environment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Lots of adult beverage choices! The Ruben is great! The hot German potato salad is almost as good as our family's recipe! The decor makes for a good German environment! Good service too! We will be back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good German Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

When their menu was handed to me I had a hard time deciding what my choice would be there were so many delicious sounding items. Finally choosing the Ruben with fries did not disappoint me. Such large portions! Huge servings!
There were 40 of us on the tour but the waitresses handled all of us in no time. They were very efficient.
I guess if I had a complaint it would be that our tables were in gravel and it was hard to move our chairs and the dust from the gravel was all over our shoes when we left. They need another flooring. I would still return here if I had a chance.
We did not have much time in Fredericksburg to shop in all the nice quaint shops. Maybe I'll return someday, I certainly hope to do so.

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
“how do you mess up chickenschnitzel??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

After a trip to Bavaria only a few months earlier I was excited to go order my favorite--chickenschnitzel. Sadly it tasted funny. It was served with gravy. Ugh wrong. I had to request lemons. Ugh sad.

Visited October 2013
texas
“Authentic German Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This was a great authentic German restaurant. I had the stuffed cabbage rolls with the red cabbage and my husband had the rouladen. We will be back to try more wonderful food. Glad we found it!

Visited May 2014