“German Food” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 113 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, German, Steakhouse, Pub
Description: German Style Lodge featuring Schnitzel, Wursts, Spaetzle, Sauerkraut, Strudel and more. Also top-quality steaks, fresh salads, and delicious sandwiches. Texas-style Biergarten with over 80 different beers, live music, and pet-friendly.
Dallas, Texas
“German Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We saw this restaurant had mixed reviews on various sites, but decided to try it. We have eaten at other German restaurants and this wasn't the worst or the best. The service was fast and the food was hot and as I rated it-the food was good.

Visited May 2013

Beaumont, Texas
“A very long wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

1st visit to Auslander. Waiter started out very good with knowledge of beer and food. Then it went south. After 1st round of beer, and appetizer, waited more than 50 minutes to get main course, and that was after I had to flag him down. Then, after waiting a very long time for the check, I had to get up to find him, found him chatting with someone. Food was good, and steak was exactly as requested.
Too many other German restaurants to choose from in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas/Fort Worth
“Great sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Wife and I randomly picked Auslander, we were glad we did.
My wife had the Ruben, I have the ham and turkey club, with the pretzel bread.

My wife loves ruben sandwiches, adn said it was one of the best she ahs ever had.
I loved the pretzel bread, which I asked for on my club.

Both sandwiches were big enough to sahre, even tho we did not...lol

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
psd
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was fresh and hot but there wasn't much taste to it. My husband and I each got the Jagersnitzel. The pork and the vegetable sides that we ordered all had the same problem-not much taste. It was about $15.00/each so the price wasn't too bad but we wish the food had been better.

Visited May 2013
Coppell, TX
“Good place to spend a couple of hours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I visited the Auslander with a group of friends. The guys hung out here and had some tasty beverages while the girls shopped. The girls joined us later and we all had lunch. The food was good, the beer was cold and the service was attentive.

I do agree with another reviewer that the chairs aren't comfortable, but after a few shiners it doesn't really bother you.

• Visited April 2013