“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 113 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, German, Steakhouse, Pub
Description: German Style Lodge featuring Schnitzel, Wursts, Spaetzle, Sauerkraut, Strudel and more. Also top-quality steaks, fresh salads, and delicious sandwiches. Texas-style Biergarten with over 80 different beers, live music, and pet-friendly.
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Germany for 3 yrs and I've known German food for 40 years. Worst German cooking ever. Tasteless and dry cabbage rolls. Husband's goulashsuppe tasteless. Service at the bar unfriendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

fayetteville
“Dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the restaurant and were told there would be a 30 minute wait so we went to the bar. When we sat down there where 3 guys behind the bar and we did not get acknowledged until after about 15 minutes. I could see they were busy but they could have said, "I'll be right with you". So when it was time for us to be seated, the waiter that came was very pleasant. The meal I ordered was ok, I thought the food would be better. My German potato salad had a funny taste and I love German potato salad. The Rouladen was bland. I have had better German food at other restaurants. I do not think we will be returning.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“MLK Weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went in a little early for dinner so the place wasn't packed...yet. Food was OK to Good but the server forgot to deliver soup and then couldn't figure out how to remove from bill. Skp the Spaetzle no matter how much you want to give it a try just becauuse you are there...

Visited January 2013
Houston, Texas
“Not the best german food but the best german food on town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a german chef and it surprised me what all the restaurants call authentic food. But this place is close overall. Close means compared with the other restaurants in town.

So far I could not find a very authentic german restaurant in Texas.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Good Food, Great Beer, Ask about Live Music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We really enjoy the food and ice cold draft beer at Auslander. The one thing we've been frustrated about is missing the live music. We went on a Thursday night because we were told the music started at 7pm. We got there at 8:30pm and the band had already packed up! So much for a Thursday night out! Beware also if you come to Fredericksburg at the beginning of the week (Sun - Weds) a lot of things close different days and the restaurants aren't open very late.

Visited January 2013