“Unexpected stop” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Unexpected stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were going to eat at a different restaurant bu took a wrong turn and happened to see the Nest restaurant before we turned around. Decided to stop in since I had heard this was known to have great eats. We were so thankful we decided to stop. My wife had the half chicken(excellent) and I had the tilapia. Both were adorned with beet slices, walnut nuggets and mashed turnip potatoes(?). Wowsers! We will be back. This is one of our favorites.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tx
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were given this restaurant as a recommendation and the food was wonderful. Everyone was friendly but it looked like they were one person short for service. It was uneven and not what you would expect from this type of restaurant. If you can have some patience, this is a must go to in Fredericksburg.

Visited April 2013
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nest is one of the new generation of restaurants in Fredericksburg. Food and service are exemplary, and are far beyond the standard Fredericksburg heavy German-based fare. We've now eaten there three times, and all three have been models of excellence in every way. I will provide one warning, though. Book a table, and book it early. The word is out. Do not even think of trying to get a table on Friday or Saturday night without a reservation.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Fantastic! Worth the wait, the time, and much more!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We send many of our guest that stay at the Inn on Barons Creek. I myself have been a few times. This time brought my mom and some friends from San Antonio. What can we say really good service excellent food. Loved how we were taken care of especially when we were waiting for our table. Very hospitable and made one feel as though you were important and welcomed. We ate a bit of everything and I can say not one dish was bad. This place can go up against many restaurants and I believe would be in a league of their own. So give the Nest and its great staff a try for yourself and see what the hype is all about. And to those who don't have time to spare or if you are one that has no patience do yourself a favor go to a fast food place. And to those who have big groups this is a small quaint place to eat. We should respect the fact that it is not for groups over a certain number. And ask if maybe you can get the whole restaurant for a really big group. Keep up the good work guys and we I will still tell everyone I know that this is a must in FBG.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The Best Chef in Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've traveled the world, consider ourselves foodies, and have experience with our own restaurant and B&B. John, at the Nest, is hands down the best chef in Texas.

Everything about the Nest is perfection. Service is extremely attentive, drinks mixed to perfection, the bread keeps coming. Our starter was a huge pile of mussels, swimming in a sauce that I ended up eating as soup, that's how rich and tasty it was. My husband got the steak and I got the Chilean sea bass. I really have no words to describe our meal. AMAZING, PERFECTO, the best food we've had in a long time.

• Visited March 2013