“Wonderful location and such a cute and comfortable home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keidel Inn & Gasthaus

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Keidel Inn & Gasthaus
You added Keidel Inn & Gasthaus to your Saves list
403 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624 (Formerly Das Keidel Inn)   |
Ranked #27 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Spring, TX
“Wonderful location and such a cute and comfortable home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at the Keidel Inn in Sept 2012. We were in the part of the house with 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and the kitchen. The rest of the house (including the 2nd floor) was rented to another group. We loved this house. The location is perfect. The vouchers for breakfast (or lunch) were great. My only complaint is that the other people in the house were loud. I don't know if it was the house or the people, but it wasn't anything big that detracted from how much we loved the house. Sitting outside in the courtyard in the morning was wonderful and I highly recommend it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Keidel Inn & Gasthaus seemed like a perfectly idyllic place to spend a weekend with some girlfriends as we were celebrating my friend’s engagement. We booked the Gasthaus which is behind the main house. We got there and it seemed perfect. It was cute, seemed clean, we had our own kitchen. It was small and quaint but there was plenty of space for the 3 of us. The location couldn’t be better. It was right on the main strip, we could walk to everything. And then a roach crawled across the wall. We get it, we are 4 steps from nature, its spring time and humid, the bugs come out. Seriously, we understand. After throwing a few shoes at the intruder we eventually got it taken care of and prepared to carry on with the weekend. Sometime in the middle of the night, I opened my eyes and was staring at another roach much bigger than the first one right above my head. Oh no no no no no. Sleep for the rest of the night was out of the question but it’s ok, we were heading on a wine tour the next morning and I was not going to let this ruin our weekend. When the clock finally struck a reasonable hour I went downstairs to make coffee and brush my teeth. Upon walking in the bathroom, I had to kill 2 more roaches in the shower. It was starting to get ridiculous. And now there was no way I was stepping foot in the shower. So, sleepless and stinky, I called the number they left for us if we had problems. The exterminator doesn't make house calls on Saturdays, but the man with the rental company was very understanding and was going to come over and do what he could while we were at our wine tour. It took us about an hour for the 3 of us to get ready, in that time we killed, almost killed, or saw 8 more roaches. It had now become a big deal. We felt like there were bugs crawling on us and in our stuff. We wanted out. We booked a room at the Hampton, the lady there made sure we had breakfast and water to take with us on our tour and had our bags taken to our room as soon as it was ready. When I got back to my home on Sunday I made my husband unpack my suitcase, just in case I had brought one of our little “friends” home with me. We were not charged for the night we didn’t stay there but were only offered 10% off for the night we did stay there. To exterminate 12 roaches we were paid $19. If that’s ok with you, the Keidel Inn & Gasthaus is the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff L, Owner at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We're always disappointed when there are rare instances of the property not being up to par. The property had just had a deep clean prior to the guests arrival and pest control thinks this stirred up the activity in the suite. We apologized repeatedly to the guests and tried to accomodate them as well.

However, there were a few inaccuracies in the review. After the first call I received, guests asked for pest control. Unfortunately, we live in a small town where weekend service isn't available. It was taken care of on Monday morning. I let the guests know this and they asked if I could come by and spray myself. I told them I would. Exactly 7 minutes later, they asked to checkout one day early which I agreed & told them they would not be charged for the second night. Unfortunately, we were not given an opportunity to resolve this issue in the 7 minutes between the calls. We would have been more than happy to do all we could to resolve this for the guests.

We did give the guests 10% off plus another set of breakfast certificates for the second day they didn't stay as compensation for the pest control issue. This wasn't mentioned in the review.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The phone number listed is disconnected. Does anyone know if this house is still available? I've stayed here once before and loved it, and I'm wanting to stay there again for a girls weekend. Has anyone had success booking a stay there lately?

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

My girlfriends and I decided to stay at Keidel Inn (Emily's Suite) for our graduation present to ourselves. We had such a wonderful time -- the house is beautiful and historic and we loved hanging out in the spacious kitchen. Located in such a prime spot on Main Street, it was nice being able to make the short walk downtown and not driving anywhere. We went to several wine tastings on Main Street, listened to live music at Hondo's, and made a day trip to Enchanted Rock. Keidel Inn was the absolutely perfect place for us to celebrate our graduation! We made memories there we will never forget.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

First, let me say that we had a great weekend at the Keidel Inn. I feel like I shouldn't even post this review because I don't want this little secret to get out....want to save it all for ourselves! We stayed at the guest house which is behind the main house. It was terrific....we will definitely be back soon I hope. I do want to speak to a prior post regarding the breakfast. We booked this property through Absolute Charm, and it was clearly noted that breakfast was in the form of vouchers to local restaurants. I believe Absolute Charm is the only way to rent this property, so really there should be no surprises in terms of breakfast. One item I do agree on, is that the towels are in need of replenishment, as they were a bit dingy. But, it was perfect in every other way, so I really can't complain. One other item...I did hear that the ownership did change on this a year or two ago. The name used to be Das Keidel Inn, but now it is Keidel Inn & Gasthaus.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hutto,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

First the pluses: the location is great, right on Main Street and within walking distance to almost everything. The house is beautiful, decorated nicely and pretty clean (only a dead bug here and there and a layer of dust on some furniture). The minuses: If you rent just the Clara suite you get no kitchen. And this is NOT a B&B, folks. We were given breakfast coupons ($7 value per) to eat at 5 or 6 different restaurants in town. There was a bare mini-fridge, so we drove to Wal-Mart to buy bottled water (unless you want to drink from the bathroom sink), canned soda and snacks, conditioner, bath gel, etc. The bathroom towels should be upgraded to a nicer grade and they should line the linen cabinet as the towels smelled musty (due to the age of the house I'm sure). Note to the owner or management: You should send a stock letter out to guests a week or two before their arrival to let them know what is provided and what they should bring. I had gone on-line to read the reviews and although they were dated, had NO idea that the review of "...delicious breakfast and delightful hosts" was no longer relative.

Room Tip: Be sure to know if you are renting the whole house or just a portion of it