“Worth a trip” 4 of 5 stars

Savannah, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
“Worth a trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

A couple miles off the main drag and down a dirt road just a little out of the way. Tasty wine at a great price.

Visited January 2014

5 attraction reviews
“White not red”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Their white wines and sweet wines were better than their reds I thought. This winery was really out of the way, but worth the drive. We saw wild turkeys and deer on the way to their location. They serviced food, but we did not have any. It looked like a cool place to hang out with a bottle of your choice. Their shop was not large, but they had good prices. Their wine tasting prices were the best that we saw.

Visited November 2013
Raleigh, NC
30 attraction reviews
“Fun Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The host at this winery was incredibly hospitable and pretty honest about their wines. Great relaxing atmosphere in the tasting room. We enjoyed the tasting of 5 varieties in production, all of them dry which is our choice. They also have some sweet wines and ports if that's your thing. We found some passable wine in the Cabernet Sauvignon at this winery. The winery is out in the boondocks 10 miles from downtown. The trip is scenic and a worthwhile drive in itself. The narrow 1 1/2 lane road had longhorn cows wandering on it. We pulled up alongside one of them in the road, rolled down the window and took a picture then decided he was bigger than our car and if he decided he didn't want us there he could do some serious damage. At another point the road dipped down into a creek and crossed the creek. Good thing it wasn't raining but what a fun and memorable drive!!!

Visited October 2013
Texas
13 attraction reviews
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I visited this winery as a part of my self-tour of Fredericksburg wineries. Although I enjoyed every winery and tasting room I visited, Chisolm Trail was one of my favorites. The atmosphere is very relaxed, comfortable and pleasant. The lady who helped me with my tastings was very pleasant and patient, as well as informative about all of the wines they offered. I enjoyed taking my time with each tasting, wondering around the shop, which had some other interesting items. I happily left with several bottles of wine and have enjoyed them. Those visiting should note that the opening time on weekdays is a bit later than other wineries. I forgot that when I visited so arrived too early.

Visited October 2013
Springfield, Missouri
12 attraction reviews
“Good wine, but out of pizza!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We drove over from Houston on the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. We arrived around 2pm thinking we would eat when we got there as we hadn't eaten lunch. We ordered a flight of wine, which were all very good. But, when we went to the kitchen, there was a sign that said "All out of pizza". What? I realize it was Labor Day weekend, but they had only been open for 2 hours, and we had planned to stay for awhile and eat there. They had 4 more hours of being open for business and no food. Thought that was poor planning. They could at least have had cheese and fruit plates to order. But, there was nothing.

The food issue aside, the band was very lively and played well. And, we enjoyed trying all the wines. It was also grape stomp weekend, and that was alot of fun.

Visited September 2013