“Top of the line” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Wee Cottages Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Two Wee Cottages Bed & Breakfast
You added Two Wee Cottages Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
108 East Morse Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Ranked #21 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Waco, Texas
“Top of the line”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have visited 2 Wee Cottages at least 4 times over the past 5 years. My spouse and I try to make a trip there every fall for some rest and relaxation and that is exactly what we always find at 2 Wee Cottages. This is not your typical B&B and the owners (Kate and Skip...both phenomenal people) go above and beyond to make you feel special, while working diligently to provide the uptmost privacy and relaxation. During our many stays there, we have been treated with the highest level of hospitality. The owners work to ensure that our every need was attended to in a professional and courteous manner. This is truly a hidden treasure of Fredricksburg!! We have stayed at many Bed and Breakfasts over the years, but 2 Wee is top of the line and is the only one that we look forward to returning to year after year!!!!!

Room Tip: Personally, we loved My Little House, but we have stayed in both cottages and both are truly amazing...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We confirmed our stay by e-mail and all the instructions were sent in advance. We were told there was no need to anything except go to our cottage when we arrived, therefore we didn't expect to see the owners except maybe in passing. Shortly after we arrived, the male owner, Skip, opened the front door of the cottage unannounced, came in and closed the door behind him. I literally scanned him to see if there was a knife or something else on his body that we should be afraid of. He ended up being very friendly and explained things to us, like where the salt and pepper was in the kitchen...really? It was a nice place and we enjoyed it, but I was so unnerved by that incident that I had a hard time sleeping. Also, during the instructional about the hot tub, he told us clothes were optional. Very uncomfortable comment, considering the room it's in has windows on all three walls, that the owners could see in, if they were looking. Maybe some training in what's acceptable behavior and what's not is needed at Two Wee Cottages.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Happyhosts, Owner at Two Wee Cottages Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
We were so sorry to hear of the complaints our guests had. It is our #1 priority to make sure our guests are given a totally satisfactory stay. I will address each issue individually.

1. My husband & I have always gone out & greeted our guests. This has been our standard practice for 8 years. My husband usually does this & he knocks before entering. The only thing we can ascertain about the comment of him coming in “unannounced” was that he might have mistakenly thought he heard them tell him to come in. He would never enter any other way. A police veteran of 25 years, he knows better than that. We offer a friendly welcome, show them around & answer any questions. We then "disappear" & endeavor to give them all of the privacy & seclusion we possibly can. I cannot imagine a B&B host or hostess not introducing themselves to their guests. In this case, the misunderstanding about our standard practice of introduction guests is regrettable.

2. We do show our guests how the hot tubs operate, location of items most missed by guests (resulting in phone calls to us & our guests are always so apologetic) and how our decanter-less coffee maker works. We have found this helps our guests & the reviews following this one seem to corroborate that. This has also proven to be a favorite part of our guests' experience, as they can ask us about restaurants, things to do & places to go. We make the visit brief, as we want our guests to get on with their private stay. Making our guests feel at home is a standard with us.

3. We were very concerned about the remarks about Skip telling them “they didn’t have to wear clothes” while using the hot tub. He tells our guests that “swimsuits are optional”, due to the privacy features we have. Many, many guests ask us if that is permissible. Our porches have screens, stained glass windows & blinds. Our own home has the same. We cannot see from our house into the porches. We have owned this property 8 years & not once have we intruded or violated the privacy of our guests while they use the hot tubs. We can hear the hot tubs if we are anywhere near the porches & we beat a hasty retreat. As a rule, we wait until their cars leave before we even go outside. We would not be “seeing in” under any circumstance & find that somewhat offensive. Skip is not the kind of man that would do or say anything lacking in good taste to anyone, let alone a treasured guest. He was just reassuring them that they would have absolute privacy.

We believe that we offer our guests the ultimate respect, privacy & warmest hospitality that we can possibly give them. However, we are not so arrogant that from time to time there might be those guests that feel otherwise. We wish them well and send our regrets for their not finding their experience here as satisfactory as they wished for.

Kate Wentworth, Owner
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I was enchanted with Two Wee Cottages! As a first time solo traveler I was a little apprehensive about staying in a B&B alone but the minute I arrived the owners, Skip and Kate Wentworth, erased all fear. Their open welcome, hospitality and generous ammenities provided me with 5 days of bliss. Fredericksburg is enchanting but dims in the light of Two Wee Cottages. A stay at Two Wee Cottages is an endulgence...and one you will not soon forget. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I spent three nights at "My Little House" in Two Wee Cottages. When we arrived at 3 pm Skip came by to explain how to use the hot tub, how to let them know if we needed anything, and showed us a notebook filled with restaurant menus, maps and things to do. The cottage had a very comfortable king-size bed. Kate had removed the usual feather-filled pillows and comforter and replaced them with hyperallegenic ones at my request. The cottage had a large TV, a very comfortable couch, many lamps, an overhead fan, a small, but complete kitchen and a screened porch with a hot tub. The hot tub is very private, and Skip and Kate only came by to replenish baked goods when we were out. The refrigerator was stocked with orange juice, milk, sodas and jellos. Their continental breakfast included a choice of cold cereals , fresh home-baked bread and muffins or coffee cake. Every afternoon a fresh-baked treat--twice it was cake, once peach cobbler--were left on the porch for us to enjoy. We had needed to relax, and "My Little Cottage" was a great place to do it! The only negative was that the toilet is indeed placed in a "wee" space, so if you're a large person this might be a downside to renting this unit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I booked a weekend get away for my husband's birthday, mostly for rest and relaxation. Totally got it right! The cottage was a few streets off the main drag, which was great. Still within walking distance, but away from all the hustle and traffic. The rooms were all comfortable, the king size bed was beautiful and very comfortable with lovely bedding. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted with soft music playing and baked goods on the table! The fridge was stocked with our favorite sodas, milk, OJ and water. Our favorite movies were ready and waiting for us and in just a few minutes, Skip dropped by to show us around the place. He told us they wanted to take care of us without being seen and that's exactly the way it was. Fresh baked goods were delivered every day to the screened in back porch but we felt totally on our own. We relaxed in the hot tub every night while listening to the night critters...such a nice change from the city. We spent our weekend enjoying Fredericksburg, watching movies in the cottage, relaxing in the hot tub, and eating the wonderful, homemade baked goods we got fresh every day! What a treat! It was the most relaxing time for us! Just what we needed! We will go back again...and the best part of all was the wonderful hospitality of our hosts!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

My husband and I just spent 3 night at 2 Wee Cottages for our 10 year wedding anniversary. I can't imagine a more relaxing time!! We loved the concept of "invisible pampering" that 2WC provided. We were greeted shortly after arriving my one of the owners, Skip. He was very nice and showed us the ropes and where to find everything, run the hot tub, etc. The little house is very cute and cozy and QUIET. We were given fresh bread, cakes, and pastries throughout our visit. If there is one thing I learned on this trip it's that I need a screened in porch with a hot tub! We enjoyed the heck out of the hot tub. We wouldn't hesitate to come back again!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon last year (May 2009) and had a wonderful time. After the craziness of a wedding, it was the most relaxing retreat that we ever had. I had never heard of this place before - my mom gave it to us as a wedding gift. I've stayed in B&Bs before and you never know what the privacy factor really looks like until your arrive. At the Wee Cottages, you get your own little house and there are no worries about people invading your privacy and you not bothering other people. You are in your own world. Also, the treats that Skip and Kate provide are out of this world. Since we love wine and relaxing, this place was the perfect spot. We were able to do wine tours around Fredericksburg and then come "home" and relax with our new purchases or chill out in the hot tub.

So, when we were deciding where we wanted to go this summer as our mini-vacation, we knew that Fredericksburg was the place. We just love the little town and the winery's surrounding it. We actually looked around at different B&B's because 2 Wee's was booked on the weekends (until August!). After doing some massive research, we just couldn't pick one because no one matched up with 2 Wee - so we are now in the process of reserving a couple days...and who cares if its in the middle of the week? At least we know we will be staying in a top notch place and having a wonderful time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Two Wee Cottages Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!