Fredericksburg

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

K W
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful house but very dirty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

I have traveled to Fredericksburg and rented through Gastehaus Schmidt at least every other year since 2002. We always pick a different house to stay in and I have to say this is the ONLY time I have ever been disappointed. The location is great, the house is beautifully furnished and decorated as the pictures online will verify. However, the house was extremely dirty. There was literally a layer of dust on all three tables in all three eating areas (sun porch, dining room and kitchen). The dishes has been put in the cabinet unwashed and the silverware was equally dirty. We had to find cleaning supplies and clean up the tables and wash the dishes before we could eat. I called Gastehaus Schmidt the next morning to make them aware of the problem. There was no offer to send someone to clean nor was there an offer to reimburse us a penny for the cost of the house. When I checked out the next day, I again mentioned how dirty the house was and the lady said there was no note of my call in the system but she did write up an "incident report". I asked her if it had been awhile since the house had been rented and maybe the level of dust was because the house had been closed up for awhile. She said no, it had just been rented the week before. There is no way the amount of dirt on those tables was after 1 week so the previous tenants must have gone to restaurants for their meals. When I made the reservation, I informed the gentleman on the line that I had noticed several bad reviews from the summer of 2012 about the lack of cleanliness in the home and he said everything had been taken care of with no further problems. Obviously this is not true. While I will continue to come to Fredericksburg and use Gastehaus Schmidt for my reservations, I will not stay at this house and would not recommend it to anyone else. I also noted another review discussing the small shower in the back. This is true, it is smaller than a coffin and you literally could not bend down to pick up the shampoo bottle from the floor. I would not have given a negative review for this alone, I thought it was kind of funny.

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 3 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
2 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Antiques and overall look of the home
Liked least: How dirty it was
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Tyler Texas
Guests
from
$145
/ Night
Additional fees may be applied by manager
Talk to the Manager
Manager
Gastehaus Schmidt
Speaks English
Listed since : Sep 2011
Response Rate: 75 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing