I have been to many B&Bs across the U.S. and overseas during my time in the military, and this is the best one by far for the following reasons:
1. Cooking (and coffee). Believe everything that you read on the website.
2. Room quality and privacy for the price. Most of the rooms are their own entities and thus very quiet. I stayed in the Mustang Bunk House, which had a king size bed, large bathroom, fireplace, cable tv, secure reliable wireless (of note they use WPA2 and 802.11g, router positioned well for Mustang Bunk House), whirlpool tub, kitchenette, and private parking spot.
3. Incredible scenery.
4. Great place to come for any reason in any capacity. Although I came solo on this trip, it did not seem like it.
5. Location. It is on the edge of town, so it is not too close to the noise yet just close enough for convenience.
Thanks Sam and Becky!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chuckwagon Inn is an historic property on 5 1/2 acres only 2 miles from downtown Main St. The inn has 5 separate guest quarters including an 1850's log cabin, all of which have been beautifuly restored. Our rooms feature fireplaces, king beds and whirlpool tubs with showers and we serve a made from scratch full country breakfast each morning in the dining room of our 1854 stone house which is across the drive from the cottages. ... more less