“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The food was so good, had to return before we left to experience one more time! Service was great and everyone was friendly

Visited August 2014

“Good home cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nothing fancy, but good home cooking. Great for lunch. The food is tasty. Decor is old, but restaurant has been operating for a long time. Locals eat here.

Visited June 2014
Angela M, Owner at Sunset Grill, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Nancy H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Sunset Grill. We have been proudly serving the community fresh, delicious dishes made with local, farm fresh ingredients for 9 years now. I appreciate your positive feedback about our food, and have taken note of your other suggestions regarding our decor, which we think is "bistro-y", bright and fresh. I hope to see you again soon!

Best,
Angela
Chef/Owner
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had planned on coming here anyways but was recommended by a local. Guess we looked lost at the light and this lady in a car asked if we needed help then said if we wanted a good meal try sunset grill. We were pleasantly surprised. We both had breakfast for lunch and it was very good. I had the biscuits and gravy and the biscuits were amazing. The potatoes that came with it were fresh cut and the eggs were fresh yard eggs. The place was packed and the staff were quick and friendly. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.

“Cute lunch place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Since we had 7 people and they don't take reservations, I was told to call on our way and get on the waiting list. When I did call, whoever answered was like, we don't take call-aheads. Then somebody else gets on the phone, I told them there was 7 of us, but she didn't ask for my name. HUH? Fortunately, when we got there there was a table. Service was very good. Food was quick. We had burgers, the turkey BLT, and egg hash. The child's chicken tenders and fries were huge. The women's restroom was right next to a table. I wouldn't have wanted to sit there.

Visited July 2014
“Ok breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

service was very slow, despite being pretty empty. Potatoes were hard. I had asked for a breakfast tea, was told they had a selection, which when it arrived were mainly fruit teas (not the same). I was basically charged for a mug of hot water.

Visited July 2014
Angela M, Owner at Sunset Grill, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
mrspig59,

Thank you for your review, although I'm saddened that your experience was disappointing. I am usually at the restaurant, and I don't recall receiving your complaints, but I assure you had you asked for a manager or even myself, we would have jumped through hoops to deliver an excellent experience to you, although we are limited by the tea selections offered. Please keep that in mind in any restaurant where you are dissatisfied. As an owner, I assure you that we want to know if your unhappy, and we definitely want to right any wrongs before you leave. I hope you will come back and give us another try!

Best,