“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Country Inn & Cottages
You added Country Inn & Cottages to your Saves list
1644 W. US Hwy 290, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Ranked #8 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Corpus Christi
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This Was The First Time My Wife And I Got Away For A Weekend, With Just The 2 Of Us. We Had A Great Evening And A Beautiful Place To Stay. We Will Not Stay Anywhere Else But The Country Cottage Inn. It Was Great To Wake Up To Seeing Elk And Deer Out The Back Door. Wonderful Place With A Great Country View, Not Too Far From Town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Country Inn and Cottages were beautiful. The scenery was unbelivable. The cottage was very clean and very cozy. I have no complaints at all. We have stayed at two other bed and breakfast places in Fredricksburg and had small issues with things not working in them. This was not the case at the Country Inn and Cottages. We will definately return and have told several of our friends about it as well.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was our first stay at Country Inn & Cottages. We will definitely be back! The cottage was cozy,very clean, and beautifully decorated. The staff was very friendly. We felt like we were at home. We were unsure about staying so far from town, but the peace and quiet was worth the short drive into town. We highly recommend staying at Country Inn & Cottages.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked this room for a birthday weekend for my wife. The location was perfect for enjoying the shopping, live music and local wineries around Fredricksburg. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we enjoyed watching the deer and elk roam the grounds. We also were not disappointed with the restaurants that were available for the breakfast vouchers. We will definitely stay here again.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I plus the addition of our dog, had a wonderful Christmas vacation at Country Inn & Cottages. We stayed in cabin #15. It was very clean, and somehow was both luxurious and rustic at the same time. I really like that about it. The elk were right outside and were always in their stop morning, noon and night. It was a short 5 minute drive to downtown Fredericksburg too. We would highly recommend the cabins and plan on coming back with my parents. The only thing I found somewhat disappointing was that there wasn't any plates or bowls. Paper napkins and utensils were provided which was nice, but I guess I should have thought to bring some. I wasn't sure what to expect off of the website. But we still had a wonderful stay.

Rio Vista, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We decided on this motel because we knew we would spend most of our time outside the room..enjoy Fredericksburg. We are NOT disappointed in our decision. VERY clean, WONDERFUL bed, and good location. We will stay again!!

Rgv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I spent around two weeks literally everyday researching country inn and cottages, being my first trip to fredericksburg I was nervous about staying outside of town. I read review after review on this website and spent a lot of time on their website. I was confused at first about the cottages location but after a little research I found they are about five minutes north from downtown and a pretty scenic drive to boot. As we pulled up my first impression was skeptical (its gated so no need to worry about your vehicle at night) but as we drove into the property that quickly changed. There was construction of an event center going on but it wasnt a sore sight. I rented cottage 15 and as we opened it up it was exactly as it looked in the photos. Very cozy feel to it, along with a mini christmas tree to set the holiday mood. The first night we lit the fireplace which was perfect as the temperature dropped into the 30's. The hot tub / bath was decent, im 5'11 and it was a tight fit although standing room was perfect for me. The bed was huge and memory foam which im not a fan of but I slept like a baby on it. The sheets were better than expected, and the pillows were decent. Overall feel of the the room was very warm, cozy and rustic. My only complaint would be the plasma tv as it was starting to fade as they always do but I wasnt in town to sit around and watch tv. Out back was an awesome sight when we arrived, the elk were feeding right at the fence line and let us get close enough to get some nice pictures. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone considering it and I will definitely stay here again. Thanks country inn for an awesome experience.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Country Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!