“Almost Perfect!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Country Inn & Cottages
1644 W. US Hwy 290, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Ranked #7 of 79 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
League City
“Almost Perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a group of ladies to celebrate a 60th birthday. Everyone loved it- even the ladies that are more partial to resorts as opposed to cabins! There is a good variety of cabins to choose from- perfect for most occasions. I liked being away from the "city" area and the privacy.

We stayed in Cabin 25- which is pretty secluded on the property, almost wish there was something (scenery) in the field out front. Maybe it was just a bad time of year because everything is dried up.

The only thing I would change, but I understand it's not possible is the need to check-in at one location and then drive miles over to the cabins. After a long day of travel, those last few miles seemed like hours, but well worth it.

Will highly recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

A+++++++++ Beautiful scenery- really gives you the country feel. There are very nice cabins that are very clean & roomy. The service is awesome! I'd recommend it to everyone! We will be going back! I cannot say enough about this.

• Stayed August 2012
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our second time to stay at the cottages and again absolutally loved our stay again. the rooms are exceptionally clean and roomy and the beds are like you are at home. And the peace and qiuet is awesome and to see the deer and elk right out your front door is awesome.The checkin and checkout is way easy.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We've stayed here a few times, the first time being a very special first trip for me and my beau, so there are good memories there from the start. I absolutely love this place. It is quaint, quiet, and relaxing. We actually slept until housekeeping came on Saturday, which is AMAZING for both of us. The rooms are so inviting that we're thinking of designing our next cabin at the ranch after it! Seriously! DEFINITELY recommend this place for a moderate price stay.

Room Tip: We always choose cabin #16, so a personal fave.
san antonio, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Country Inn was a nice quiet motel. Very clean and location was excellent.
The room was very roomy and nice. Beds were comfy. Will stay there again.
The staff was very knowledgable of the area and helped to find a good eating place.
we felt safe here, the area was extremely well lit at night.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Our experience was nothing but awesome!! We looked at the website and booked our room through it and were fully prepared for what we got!! It anything we felt we got more than we expected. I read
Some negative reviews on here that it seemed to me if the reviewer had really read the info on the website they would
Not have been disappointed. Our ONLY complaint might have to do with the air conditioner and it being in the living room. We had to keep it really cold in the living room to make it cool in the bedroom. Oh .... And the tv is just a little hard to see from the couch. It might be better on a table beside the fireplace. These things are very minor in my book and I still rate our overall stay as a five!! I loved the bed... Super comfy, loved the satellite tv... We watched a movie one night, loved the jacuzzi tub, the stained concrete floor, the decor, watching the wildlife from our front porch...... I also really appreciated the gated entry into the property. I knew anyone driving by was supposed to be there!! I just loved our time there and have recommended this place to all our family and friends. Everyone we came in contact with who worked there was so friendly and very helpful! Can't wait to go back to our little cottage in the country!

Sherrie Whittenburg

• Stayed August 2012
Abilene, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Wow! My husband and I were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the cottages, which are 4 miles outside of town. We were there during the week and I think we were the only people on the property in the guest houses. It was SO peaceful! We drove up to a dozen deer in the middle of the day that were eating corn at the feeder along the road inside the property. The elk on the property are huge and beautiful. The cottage itself was very comfortable and beautifully decorated...an elegant ranch rustic look. We loved being able to easily drive into town but then retreat back out to the country. My favorite part of the day was sitting on the front porch in the rocking chair reading and having quiet time. We will always choose to stay here!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!