“Love the pizza and truly a place that is unique.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 113 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza & Pasta, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
“Love the pizza and truly a place that is unique.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I was sent to this pizza place by manager and a front desk agent from the Inn on Barons Creek. So happy that we asked.

What can I say well excellent service I believe the young mans name was Clayton that served us. My party and I had a pizza that was the west end. Very good and I believe all the toppings were fresh.

I also noticed that the staff was very young. I am shocked but would like to say good job for giving young people a chance work and learn wish many more would take that risk. Also loved the live music we heard after our dinner.

I would like to say there was a very friendly young female manager that seem to help her staff in any way possible have to give her a hand in showing true leadership and not scared to get dirty. Oh to the owner of this place u seem to have a staff that is not like most but I would like to say good for you seeing some young people in a small town with many older ones was refreshing to see.

How could I forget the bar good selection of alcohol. Let's not forget the air hockey loved it.

One thing I would like to say. I believe this place handled its self very well when I was there and they were extremely busy. I am sure I read that some people had bad service and so forth. Well I am sure its the people from big cities that are use to the microwave world that we are so use to. I am glad that our pizza took awhile. If we had gotten it fast I would have thought that it was sitting there for awhile. I am glad that there are places out there where food does not come out fast. To me that shows people are actually making the food and not just some frozen stuff many now use.

Keep up the good work and the great food West End. I will let everyone I know this is one place one must eat at when visiting FBG. Also thank the staff at the hotel we stayed at for recommending you. One of the staff members there I thought might have owned the place.

To anyone reading u must go and try this place. I will say if u are in a rush then go to pizza hut. May seem expensive but I say worth every dollar. Please remember to tip those waiters they were so friendly and happy I would hope to see the same faces when I go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Braunfels, TX
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The service was very slow,the pizza was mediocre, the beer was warm, and all in all it was overpriced. I think we had a very new server, but she was very inattentive and slow. I suspect it took so long to get our pizza because she didn't turn the order in quickly.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blanco, Texas
“Too expensive for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ordered a medium White Pizza. The description said the sauce had red pepper and garlic. We could taste neither. If it were not for the ranch dressing dipping sauce and the red pepper and parmesan cheese we added, the pizza would have been completely tasteless. All this lack of taste for $20 for a medium pizza. Our server was polite and on top of things. We will not be going back. Can get a better pizza from an HEB freezer.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Tyler, Texas
“Not the best ever, anywhere, but very good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We actually ate at West End Pizza twice during our 4 day stay in Fredericksburg. Ingredients were fresh (although tomatoes not in season, so bland), dough homemade with great texture. As another reviewer noted, there was not a lot of sauce, but my husband and I both prefer our pizzas that way. Cheeses (you have a choice of several) were excellent. It is true that it takes awhile to get your order, particularly on a weekend night. But it's worth the wait. And the waitstaff - not just our waitress - constantly checked on us during the wait to make sure we had drinks, everything was okay, etc.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Great outdoor area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I was in the mood for pizza after seeing this little place driving into town. They have an indoor and outdoor seating area. I heard a band playing outside so I requested to sit there. The pizza was good but could have used a little more sauce. They also have soup, salads, and pasta dishes available. There is a game room inside to keep the kids entertained. Overall, this is a cute little place worth checking out.

Visited April 2013